bands you think suck

mikesurprise.jpg

Just kidding :Spin:

Devy_Metal said:
i can atest to greeks being fervent metalheads. that show we went to in athens was crazy. ive never seen metal fans act that way. there was just an overall sense of energy at that show.

That's why Alive In Athens is the best live album ever. \m/

And to that moron who said Hypocrisy sucks: what is the basis for that idiocy?

here's a quick guide to clear it up for you LRD: It's all about who is playing the metal.

"Black Metal" is performed by black people.

"Death Metal" is performed by dead people.

"Power metal" is performed by castrati and other eunuchs.

"Progressive Metal" is performed by men with tiny penises who need to wank all the time to make up for it.

NinjaKitten said:
I like Tool, and I like Opeth, and to be quite honest I prefer any and all metal, even shitty metal such as as I lay dying and trivium to actually really terrible music such as Hilary Duff and the backstreet boys. If you wanna hear a thread about bad music, thats what we should be talking about, this thread has just turned into a big dorkfest of who has the most refined taste in metal. Stop fighting with your own kind! down with pop and country!
I love the backstreet boys.

Devy_Metal said:
Their fans try to say theyre the most intellectually demanding alternative rock band in history. I dont see it. Everyone raves about the drummer. Sure, he can play, but what's so impressive about him? Their songs are qiote boring, as well. I had one album called Aenema and it was just such a pile of grabage. The opening song (I think) just repeated the same riff over and over and over...and over and over and over to the point of boring me to death. The singer sings out of key, too, and his pitch is rather bad. People think that just because their live show is filled with weird images on a backdrop that are played in sequence with the music that theyre the "best live band ever," as an old friend once told me. I just think they suck.

Obviously these are just my opinions and there are plenty of fans who would disagree, but you asked, and I gave you my input.

Wth? Maynard is one of the best singers I know. Sure, he's a bit weird and I did not like his vocals at first, but just as with other great bands (opeth, The Dillinger Escape Plan (yeah I like Tdep)) u have to listen at least 10 times to it to "understand" the brilliance :worship: .

And Aenima isn't the best cd, that's Undertow. Never seen em live, so can't judge about that.