bands you think suck

Corsnor said:
It's obvious that if you think Opeth is overrated you're gay.

Same for Tool.

No that isnt true. Opeth obviously don't "suck," but they are so insanely over rated it's funny.

Tool does suck, though. That's for sure.

You suck as well, that is also definite.

Their fans try to say theyre the most intellectually demanding alternative rock band in history. I dont see it. Everyone raves about the drummer. Sure, he can play, but what's so impressive about him? Their songs are qiote boring, as well. I had one album called Aenema and it was just such a pile of grabage. The opening song (I think) just repeated the same riff over and over and over...and over and over and over to the point of boring me to death. The singer sings out of key, too, and his pitch is rather bad. People think that just because their live show is filled with weird images on a backdrop that are played in sequence with the music that theyre the "best live band ever," as an old friend once told me. I just think they suck.

Obviously these are just my opinions and there are plenty of fans who would disagree, but you asked, and I gave you my input.

Devy: Psychotic Waltz's inspiration is visible in a big part of the best IMHO album of NVRMR: PoE. These killer PoE riffs are just too close to the first Psychotic albums. I understand that you don't like them, I only note it mainly for my own sake, as I am a huge PW fan (after Iofthestorm though). ;)

As for the worst bands:
Well not really having thought about it,
the word "Doors" comes at first in my mind.
Soundgarden as well.
Nirvana also.
And my dear Tee noticed Ektomorph.

One more note for my own sake:
I adore Nevermore; I have seen them many times, I have all their albums, in various forms, have many t-shirts (including a sweat shirt of the '95 tour :D ); I think the guys are cool, as i had the honor to talk a bit with them...
BUT I am an old fashioned metalhead and propably not-so-wide-horizoned one. I do NOT like seven strings. I think that when Jeff uses that fucking 7th string it is too close to some industrialized metal. I think that some of the old feelling got lost when Jeff added that 7th string.
There you have it. I have kept it inside me for a long time and i have felt the need to express it here.

NP: Attack / The secret place / Mortal Energy

Devy_Metal said:
"best live band ever,"
Probably because their shows are just a giant gangbang. People don't even care, lights are all dim, they just start humping whoever's next to them. I doubt anyone gives two shits about the music though.

I would also have to agree with Lord Red about grunge sucked before Nirvana - except for AIC.

Soundgarden sucked until Badmotorfinger (I chose "Cowboys From Hell" over "Louder Than Love"), and Mudhoney just sucked. The Melvins rock pretty hard, but they aren't really in the same league as AIC and Soundgarden. Nobody mentioned Gruntruck. Besides AIC, they were the closest thing to metal in that whole scene. I still listen to "Push". It's a fuckin' great album.

Believe it or not, creating simple melodies and catchy hooks - that have the power to captivate millions - is a feat that, even for the most brilliant musicians, doesn't come easy. This is why Kurt Cobain and Nirvana are legendary. It's easy for people to remember just a few notes, arranged in such a way that they etch themselves into your memory forever! The guy has been dead for quite some time now, but radio stations around the world still play his music every single day. I suspect that it's gonna stay that way for a long time to come.

I'm not going to list bands on MTV orthe radio,etc.. because i'll be here to long.

Bands in metal I think suck.

Hypocrisy
Six Feet Under
Decapitated
Hate Eternal
At The Gates
Megadeth. Like somone said "dave mustaine sounds like donald duck getting fucked with a christmas tree"
Kataklysm
Krisiun
Mortician & new school brooTAL death metal
Hammerfall

Opeth is not overrated.

metalized said:
Devy: Psychotic Waltz's inspiration is visible in a big part of the best IMHO album of NVRMR: PoE. These killer PoE riffs are just too close to the first Psychotic albums. I understand that you don't like them, I only note it mainly for my own sake, as I am a huge PW fan (after Iofthestorm though). ;)

As for the worst bands:
Well not really having thought about it,
the word "Doors" comes at first in my mind.
Soundgarden as well.
Nirvana also.
And my dear Tee noticed Ektomorph.

One more note for my own sake:
I adore Nevermore; I have seen them many times, I have all their albums, in various forms, have many t-shirts (including a sweat shirt of the '95 tour :D ); I think the guys are cool, as i had the honor to talk a bit with them...
BUT I am an old fashioned metalhead and propably not-so-wide-horizoned one. I do NOT like seven strings. I think that when Jeff uses that fucking 7th string it is too close to some industrialized metal. I think that some of the old feelling got lost when Jeff added that 7th string.
There you have it. I have kept it inside me for a long time and i have felt the need to express it here.

NP: Attack / The secret place / Mortal Energy

:wavey:

The Greys said:
I'm not going to list bands on MTV orthe radio,etc.. because i'll be here to long.

Bands in metal I think suck.

Hypocrisy
Six Feet Under
Decapitated
Hate Eternal
At The Gates
Megadeth. Like somone said "dave mustaine sounds like donald duck getting fucked with a christmas tree"
Kataklysm
Krisiun
Mortician & new school brooTAL death metal
Hammerfall

Opeth is not overrated.

I agree about Kataklysm and Krisiun. They're good but they aren't that good. Just because you're from south america doesnt make the music anything more special.

I like Tool, and I like Opeth, and to be quite honest I prefer any and all metal, even shitty metal such as as I lay dying and trivium to actually really terrible music such as Hilary Duff and the backstreet boys. If you wanna hear a thread about bad music, thats what we should be talking about, this thread has just turned into a big dorkfest of who has the most refined taste in metal. Stop fighting with your own kind! down with pop and country!