bands you think suck

To be honest..I can't think of a band that sucks...Not off the top of my head.

I mean, I would never buy cds from certain bands...but I don't think they suck. :confused:

Before completely writing off rap, I would recommend that you at least listen to Handsome Boy Modeling School, Deltron 3030, and Dr. Octagonecologyst.

Lord of Metal said:
Before completely writing off rap, I would recommend that you at least listen to Handsome Boy Modeling School, Deltron 3030, and Dr. Octagonecologyst.

i recommend you shutting the hell up.

im only kidding :tickled:

Dead_Lioness said:
^ :lol: !!!!

Plus, "legends" is a word I would use to describe... Chuck Schuldiner...
or... among the living... I would say Overkill are legends... been in the scene for over 20 years and the beginners of thrash...
I would say Venom are legends... Blackie Lawless... Bruce Dickinson and Iron maiden... Rob Halford.... DIO .... Kreator.... Metallica... (they WERE)
Rush.... Bathory.... bands who influenced generations of metal....
Hell, even Nevermore are not legends!
(not yet anyways)

so Hammerfall????????

I guess its a personal view.

LOL I wish I could so alouve you to watch my Death/HammerFall Usa Tour with me :)...... Afterwards I guess I would be forced to smear some Peanut butter on my schlong and make you lick it off.....
And ouch...
I would so alouve you to listen to my record of Chronos after he recorded with HammerFall.

Btw... Bands that I think suck.

Berserker

Van Thomas (Or what ever theyre fucking name is........ Goddamn bastards made Dave Lombardo almost look bad :S)

Toto

Nemes

.... Cant be bothered to find more

And Btw... HammerFall Does not Focus on Swords, Dragons and fantasy....
But... What if they did ? Why the fuck would that matter ???

Tempest said:
20, my little brother listens to rap, and i've heard quite a bit of it, and actually tried to listen to it openly... but it's literally all the same... and im not talkiing about the "hip hop and R&B artists" who actually sing.. im talking about the rappers. The gangster rappers are the worse.

In almost any rap / gangster rap song you will hear the following:

shoutouts to people or groups
mentioning of money
mentioning of material possessions (cars, houses, jewlery, etc)
and practically de-humanizing women

its predictable... and I'm not exagerating when i say that they talk... they really do... and if any of them actually try to carry a tune, they are still talking in tune... not singing.

so fuck rap, it sucks.

country is also the same thing over and over again... but at least it takes talent to play and sing country music (but it is still not enjoyable IMO)

Look at your post...they suck because they're "predictable." Does it matter about subject matter? 90% of death metal is predictable. There is talent in the delivery, talent in coming up with vocal lines, beats, etc, etc. I'm not wasting my time arguing with you on this one, but there is talent in rap even if you can't see it. Not as much as other genres of music, I'll give you that much, but talent nonetheless.

schenkadere said:
What Gothenburg bands do you prefer? I find early In Flames to be more musical...I mean, hell...it's refered to as melodic death metal, right?

Yeah, it's melodeath that I'm referring to. The genre is far from anything special too in my eyes. Just about the best bands I've seen from it are Arsis, early Arch Enemy (before it was all just reprocessed feces - see previous two albums), Autumn Leaves (second album), later era Carcass (completely inferior to Necroticism, but hey it worked), etc.

In Flames stands for pretty much everything I hate about melodeath. Generic watered down riffing, horrible vocals that are too loud in the mix, excessive "HAY REMEMBER THAT MAIDEN SONG" leads, etc.

fugazi. said:
By early do you mean Lunar Strain / Subterranean?

In my opinion The Jester Race = heavy metal.

1. Yes. Well, at least that period til Whoracle.
2. You're not very far from the truth as melodeath actually has very little to do with death metal. It's closer to heavy metal than anything, it's just generally a lot more boring. It's still melodeath though.

yeah, that little bit of talent in rap would be the ability to rhyme... oh shit, afterall, not EVERYoNE can rhyme. Rappers have an ability that not many people have.

and i pointed out the fact that rap is predictable, sure alot of music is predictable, but i didnt say that rap sucks because its predictable.

rap sucks.

Tempest said:
yeah, that little bit of talent in rap would be the ability to rhyme... oh shit, afterall, not EVERYoNE can rhyme. Rappers have an ability that not many people have.

and i pointed out the fact that rap is predictable, sure alot of music is predictable, but i didnt say that rap sucks because its predictable.

rap sucks.

this thread will never die...ill make sure of it.

rap sucks, yes....but it takes talent to rap. F A C T

What is up everyone> Im in Milan right now and i wont be checking this often for the next 3 weeks, but this thread had better stay on page 1!

metal:headbang:

Well, the bands that suck... There are LOADS!!!! Just an example:
Soulfly - this etno-metal thing is just worthless for me...
95 % of all black metal bands, for example: Burzum, Mayhem, Dimmu Burger, Nokturnal Mortum, Dark Fun-Eral etc etc...
Hamerfall - nothin' to say... True German Heavy metal from Sweden! Totally unlistenable...

And hey, Soilwork DOESN'T SUCK!