Bands you wish were around now

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
I'm sitting here listening to Crimson Glory's Transcendence in all its brilliance and got to thinking about bands who were sorta before their time. Crimson Glory are one, Vicious Rumors and Watchtower are a couple more (and yes I know they're all kinda still around, but they're a mere shadow of what they were). I wish these bands were around now in their prime. I think they'd be far more popular now.

Is there any other bands the forum thinks were before their time? Or bands that may have split up before you had a chance to see?

Before their time?

Wicked Maraya. If they had come out in the late 90s or early 00s, they could have been huge with the Disturbed/modern metal crowd. "Cycles" was my favorite album in 1994.

ARK. Best prog metal band of the 2000s. Too bad they didn't last.

I'm sitting here listening to Crimson Glory's Transcendence in all its brilliance and got to thinking about bands who were sorta before their time. Crimson Glory are one

I concur.

I'm still upset that I never got to see Sentenced before they threw it in.

I concur.

SAVATAGE!
Tad Morose

I concur. At least Savatage's legacy is still around, in the form of C2C and JOP... there's pretty much no way we'll ever get to hear anything resembling early Tad Morose ever again, and that's a shame.

Before their time?

Wicked Maraya. If they had come out in the late 90s or early 00s, they could have been huge with the Disturbed/modern metal crowd.

I concur, BIG TIME!

CONCEPTION, nuff said.

I concur. A reunion album would be great.

Digital Ruin.

I concur.

Sanctuary :kickass:

I concur.

To add a few more examples:

Death (RIP Chuck)
Scanner and Heaven's Gate (a pair of CRIMINALLY underrated power metal bands that seem to be nonexistent)

I concur. At least Savatage's legacy is still around, in the form of C2C and JOP... there's pretty much no way we'll ever get to hear anything resembling early Tad Morose ever again, and that's a shame.

I think I read an anouncement recently that Tad Morose has a new singer and are writing for a new record. I suppose it doesn't guarantee that it will be like it used to be, but it seems that their legacy may still carry on...

Ved buens ende. I would of liked to hear what they would of done with a second cd.
Carpharnaum. I believe they only did one cd and I wish they would have done more(It has Matt Heafy on vocals, but he sounds different then he does with trivium). Some great technical metal.
Spiral Architect. I hope they do come back because a sceptic's universe was amazing to my ears.
Emperor needs to come back full force with a new cd instead of having played those couple shows.
And of course, as others have said, Watchtower, Conception, and new Sanctuary cd would be cool or if they at least re-recorded the 2.