Bands you wish were around now

Some great mentions in there. A while back I woulda thrown in Mind Odyssey too, but hey presto! They're back.

Oh I must mention Lemur Voice. RIP :(

I agree with those who mentioned Crimson Glory, Fifth Angel, Savatage, and Warrior Soul.

Also: Riot, Lethal, Hurricane, Babylon A.D., Sacred Warrior, and Vandenberg. (Although I did get to see Adrian Vandenberg on tour with Whitesnake a couple of times.)

Wonder if I should add Shadow Gallery to the list...hopefully, they are still around!!

Also: Riot, Lethal, Hurricane, Babylon A.D., Sacred Warrior, and Vandenberg. (Although I did get to see Adrian Vandenberg on tour with Whitesnake a couple of times.)

Riot is supposedly going to work on a new album with former (now again?) vocalist Tony Moore! Crossing fingers is stands up to the test of time...

I got to see Windr play.....it was at the Milwaukee Metalfest...they were great. You can see me in the Windr DVD with Valfar getting our picture taken together.

Yeah, and I am the one snapping the picture!!!!
We're practically famous in the black metal community, as that was WINDIR's only US appearance ever.....

As for bands who were either before their time, I would go with a power metal band from Chicago from the 80s, called SQUADRON.

I believe a one-time bassist of theirs is currently in MINDWARP CHAMBER.

Digital Ruin.

and I may be a little off the mark here, but I regret never seeing Savatage while Criss was alive. :erk: I just never had the opportunity. *sigh*

Lost horizon(with the og vocalist)

Fifth Angel...... ICON

the highly underrated Cirith Ungol. You cannot mistake another band for CU and all their albums are great. King of the Dead and Frost and Fire are highly regarded as classics. One Foot in Hell is probably their weakest IMO, but stil good. Paradise Lost's 2nd half rivals any album ever made.

FAITH NO MORE.

I feel the same about all of these....wish I could have seen them.

Especially Cirith Ungol.

White Lion
Bathory
Sentenced
Grim Reaper w/ Bowcott
Emperor
Randy Rhoads and Dime
Dio's Holy Diver lineup

But of course!!

SENTENCED!!!

good call Stingray... I was just listening to them today too. One of my all time favorites, I was crushed when they died.