Bands you wish were around now

Agree with the thoughts on Savatage, Accept, ARK and Pink Floyd (although I did get to see Roger Waters on his "Dark Side of Roger Waters" tour and that was pretty sweet!)

Others I would have loved to have seen in their "hey-day", before they lost members, or see reunited:
Warlock
Chastain with Leather Leone
The Misfits (seen many different versions, but never the original or even any solo Danzig performances)
Meldrum (another metal artist taken from us too soon - RIP Michelle)
Nightwish with Tarja (just so I could have seen them in that formation)
Stream of Passion with Arjen and the rest of the original line-up

Green Carnation - I did get to see them live before they call it quit (on their first and only US tour, which was not a good one for them, attendance wise). They are incredible in just about every way, and I will miss them.
Amen to that! I saw them at Jaxx, but I heard that one of the reasons that many of the band members dispersed was due to the fact that they all went into huge debt because they lost so much on the US tour. Really sad.
I also miss Metallica.:lol:
:lol: I wish I had been able to see them "back in the day."

Amen to that! I saw them at Jaxx, but I heard that one of the reasons that many of the band members dispersed was due to the fact that they all went into huge debt because they lost so much on the US tour. Really sad.

Holy Crap that sucks!! Green Carnation needs to get it together and make another album because the are so killer!:Smokin::kickass:

on the Green Carnation topic, according to their website last year, Tchort will make another Green Carnation album by himself at some point.

As for seeing them, saw them at Jaxx when they toured here and I saw them in Baltimore at a little small club called the Sidebar. 6 people there, and 4 of them were with me.

I haven't heard of Digital Ruin until this thread, so I checked them out. I'm not feelin' this one. I was just curious about them, since I wasn't familiar with the band.

As for Sentenced, I really tried to get into those guys since I love the band Poisonblack. With that said, Sentenced's music just bored me to tears. :cry:

~Brian~

Sentenced - Cold White Light is absolutely one of my favorite albums of all time.
Poisonblack feels like a watered down Sentenced to me. I'm just sayin' :lol:

I really miss Sentenced... I still get goose bumps every time I here End of The Road off of the Funeral Album, knowing that was their last song, and also how perfect that tune is. The solo at the end is monster huge!

Sentenced - Cold White Light is absolutely one of my favorite albums of all time.

I really miss Sentenced... I still get goose bumps every time I here End of The Road off of the Funeral Album, knowing that was their last song, and also how perfect that tune is. The solo at the end is monster huge!

Too bad you didnt catch them on that In Flames/Killswitch Engage/Dark Tranquility/Sentenced in the fall of 2002. Still one of the best shows I have ever attended. Even though DT and Sentenced only played 25-30 minutes each it was one of the greatest musical hours in Lawrence, Kansas history.

Unfortunately I didn't really get into The Cold White Light or The Funeral Album... but Frozen is one of my favorite dark power metal albums ever.

Too bad you didnt catch them on that In Flames/Killswitch Engage/Dark Tranquility/Sentenced in the fall of 2002. Still one of the best shows I have ever attended. Even though DT and Sentenced only played 25-30 minutes each it was one of the greatest musical hours in Lawrence, Kansas history.

I wish I would have seen them live... Big regret, but the oportunities were slim to none for me. I really dig my Buried Alive DVD though, what a show that was!!

Unfortunately I didn't really get into The Cold White Light or The Funeral Album... but Frozen is one of my favorite dark power metal albums ever.

Frozen is very solid, I think that Frozen, CWL and The Funeral Album are all top notch, must have recordings....:headbang: Crimson is a little more hit or miss for me but still excellent. Like Rushzil2112 said "Killing You Killing Me" is a classic...