Bands you wish were around now

If you like Poisonblack, but dont like Sentenced.... are you familiar with Charon? It is the main band of the original Poisonblack vox J.P. Leppaluoto

I've heard of Charon, but not their music. I'll check them out though. I've honestly forgotten about them.

Poisonblack feels like a watered down Sentenced to me. I'm just sayin'

I disagree, Poisonblack gives Sentenced a shot in the arm.

~Brian~

You folks picked some excellent bands (particularly Ark, Conception, Hurricane, Lemur Voice, Mayadome, and Without Warning)! I thought of a few that haven't been mentioned yet:

Altura--Quite a unique prog band. The singer had a fairly different style than most guys in this genre, and the musicians were top notch.

Auditory Imagery--"So Alive" is an underrated prog album.

Jason Becker--I know he's not a band, but he made some of the best guitar music ever. This is clearly a case of the world being robbed of a true artist.

Black Sabbath with Tony Martin--In my opinion, the best era for this band. Tony has an incredible set of pipes, and I think Iommi's playing only improved during this time.

Cairo--Take the best elements of ELP and Styx, and you have a band that I really miss.

Centaur--I don't think many people knew this German power/prog band. It's a shame, as these guys got better with each album.

Chiaroscuro--They only released one album, and I don't think people knew what to make of them at the time. They'd probably be considered brilliant now.

Clockwork--If Pain Of Salvation took more cues from the '70s, I think this is what they would have sounded like.

Conditioned Response--One of the best AOR bands to come out of the mid-90s.

Defyance--Another band that improved with each album. Come on, Lance, light a fire under their asses!

Divine Regale--Great vocal harmonies, great keyboards, and great songwriting.

Dream Child--One of the best French bands I've ever heard.

Heir Apparent--"One Small Voice" is one of the most underrated albums ever made. EVER!

Imperium--Sort of a thrashier Fates Warning, if you will.

Mercury Rising--Some of the most intelligently written prog I've ever heard.

Mystic Force--Heavy as hell with intricate musicianship. "Man Vs. Machine" was their best.

Samson with Bruce Dickinson--"Head On" was ahead of its time.

Stride--Is it too early to miss them?

Okay, I swear that's it!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

They are still around, they are just a band that does not play live at all. i wish they would and make an exclusive ONE TIME ONLY EVER APPEARANCE at PP X

Well they are on serious life support. Let's just agree that they are in a coma...:lol:

It would be cool if they got it together and played Progpower..

I just wish Psychotic Waltz would do a reunion show, or even possibly a new cd. Adagio needs to get Readman and the original drummer back(even though I like the replacements, just not the same to me). I wish I could of seen Zappa back in the day, but I need to go see Zappa does Zappa because I keep on hearing how awesome the shows are.
I wish I would of made it to a Decapitated show before the accident, damn it all.
I wish I could of seen Vai with Devin, my buddy said that was one hell of a show.
Masterplan with Jorn, and of course, as I have already mentioned as has everybody else, ARK ruled all, I wish they wouldn't have called it quits, burn the sun is in my top 3 cds of all time.
Racer X needs to do a new cd and do a tour, I need to see them.
Of course, i think on the top of my list has to be Alice in Chains with Layne, but I am hoping they release a new cd soon with the new guy, I heard he is great.
I wish Diabolical Masqeurade would do a new disc, even though I have heard there is a possibility, but I wish they would do some shows, because Death's Design is one of my other fav cds of all time, along with Nightwork.

RIOT- thundersteel lineup!! complete with tony moore.

Rainbow (with dio of course)

Sacred Reich. i think they still fiddle and remaster some stuff, im sure they play some local shows...but im pretty sure as a serious band they stopped a bit ago.

Shaaman. good shit.

Rainbow (with dio of course)

Such a great band. Their live shows were incredible. I wasn't alive when they were playing with Dio, but get their "Live in Munich" DVD and you'll see what I mean.

I also wish Stevie Ray Vaughan and Chuck Shuldiner were alive.

This one looks like it's gonna happen:

http://www.riotsweb.com/

Sweet! Now I remember hearing about this earlier this year... :oops:

Heir Apparent--"One Small Voice" is one of the most underrated albums ever made. EVER!

DAMN - Should have added these guys to my list! I need to look for a copy of "One Small Voice" on CD, as my original was on cassette.

They are still around, they are just a band that does not play live at all. i wish they would and make an exclusive ONE TIME ONLY EVER APPEARANCE at PP X

I would happily chip in a few $$ as a sponsor to see this happen!! :headbang: