Bands you would love to see at Heathen Crusade

I would love to see Agalloch. Their music runs the gamut from folk to ambient to black to progressive. They are fascinating.

I think they are perfect for this fest! Their music has such a great 'heathen' atmosphere to it. I'd also like to see some outright neo-folk bands play here as well, although I have a feeling that wouldn't go over too well with other patrons of the show.

While I will agree that Allogoch isnt the most exciting band, they do have a rabib cult like following that would be a clincher in getting the people who are on the fence of coming to the show. Maybe not as the fest headliner but maybe the band before.

While I will agree that Allogoch isnt the most exciting band, they do have a rabib cult like following that would be a clincher in getting the people who are on the fence of coming to the show. Maybe not as the fest headliner but maybe the band before.

Agreed. Agalloch definately has the cult following to draw a crowd but as a headliner I think they wouldn't be right for the job. Letting the headliners positions go to whatever bigger European bands our friends can get would be a better choice. Agalloch would slay for the headliner support band, or whatever the term is.

Agreed. Agalloch definately has the cult following to draw a crowd but as a headliner I think they wouldn't be right for the job. Letting the headliners positions go to whatever bigger European bands our friends can get would be a better choice. Agalloch would slay for the headliner support band, or whatever the term is.

All are valid points but when I wrote the post I never said ANYTHING about Agalloch headlining. I just said that, for my money I'd love to see them play. I'd also love to see Negura Bunget play!

They are actually. They just booked a gig in Norway somewhere for support for the new album. I think since they prefer doing off shows rather than touring you could get them!