Bands you would love to see at Heathen Crusade

Skyforger should really just be a staple band that is always on the heathen crusade bill. Me and my friend were talking about their set the other day and we both recall the singer saying something like "see you next year" at the end of their set. Maybe we're just remembering things the way we wished they happened but maybe Skyforger is totally down to come back if given the oppurtunity. From what I hear from a friend who talked to Mike Scalzi on the last Slough Feg tour he was interested in being part of Heathen Crusade if it did happen again. If these bands are interested I say definitely get them again because as cool as it is hearing new bands it would be really cool to see some return.:kickass:

Skyforger were awesome, the band I was looking forward to the most besides Bal Sagoth.

I'm sure Heathen will have some repeat bands eventually, but I doubt any of those will make it back this year. I wouldn't mind checking out the new Thyrfing lineup since Naglfar's older stuff was so stellar (their old singer is now the singer/guitarist of Thyrfing).

I think what it comes down to is there's WAY too many quality folk/viking bands out there that need to be heard and should play this fest at least once. At the same time...seeing a lot of these bands again would be amazing.

I wanna see Dark Forest again :kickass:
Manegarm
Mael Mordha
Absu
Arkona
Einherjer (that would kick ass!) heh
Equilibrium
Forefather
Heidevolk
Kroda
Menhir
Obtest put on a mighty show!
Trimonium :kickass:
Tyr

Repeat bands would have to be:

Primordial
Skyforger
Mael Mordha
Slough Feg
Thryfing

Its funny, I haven't really listened to much Skyforger on CD still, but their set was so fucking intense. It just calls for another go-around! Live band, all the way!

Or if you don't do any repeats, I think there'd be a need for a 1 day fest down the line of "The Best of Heathen Crusade".

Repeat bands would have to be:

Primordial
Skyforger
Mael Mordha
Slough Feg
Thryfing

Its funny, I haven't really listened to much Skyforger on CD still, but their set was so fucking intense. It just calls for another go-around! Live band, all the way!

Or if you don't do any repeats, I think there'd be a need for a 1 day fest down the line of "The Best of Heathen Crusade".

That's a great list!

How about Finntroll? They cruised through on a short U.S. tour last fall and I didn't get to see them. Are they a possibility?

Bill

Finntroll would be nice for a headliner. It would really help the draw at least. They were great live when I saw them on tour. But I would rather see a band I havent seen yet....(Korpiklanni, hint hint hint) or Wintersun.

Finntroll are listed as playing a local club in Minneapolis at the end of August (August 31). I'm guessing they will have a late August/early September US tour. That would rule them out if it is a full tour.

Where did you see that information? I can't find it anywhere.

Where else are they playing?

This is cool information, even if it makes them ineligible for HC3.

Bill

blah, finntroll are the dimmu borgir/cradle of filth of folk metal, if ya ask me.

They might be, but they would help draw people locally to the fest that wouldn't have gone otherwise. It would provide exposure to the other bands on the roster (that would hopefully be more appealing to the HC I & II faithful). That would help make the fest more successful and enable it to continue on for more years.