Battle of the bands

Do you want this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1987 makes them one of the earliest death/thrash bands. Is that somehtng we're going to argue about? Dreaming With the Dead is a bonfide death/thrash classic. How about we concentrate on the part that you think they actually dont belong here because they're not thrash?:lol:

1987 is not early at all for what is on their first demo.

Qualified bands

Dark Angel
Razor
Sepultura
Voivod
Heathen
Coroner
Morbid Saint
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Testament
Exodus
Vio-lence
Nuclear Assault
Anacrusis
Tankard
Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
Sodom
D.R.I.
Kreator
Watchtower
Deathrow
Demolition Hammer
Despair
Sacred Reich
Annihilator
Forbidden
Sadus
Whiplash
Artillery
Sacrifice
Devastation
Rigor Mortis
Warbringer
Sabbat (UK)
Toxik
Vektor
Protector
Holy Moses
Exhorder
Xentrix
Believer
Exmortus
Exumer
Suicidal Tendencies
Anthrax
Flotsam & Jetsam
Hexenhaus
Death Angel
Necrodeath
Infernal Majesty
Obliveon
Ripping Corpse
Holy Terror
Invocator
Onslaught
Dream Death
Aspid
Num Skull
Incubus
Destruction
Sabbat (Japan)

Ladies & gentlemen, we have our magic 64.

Last edited:
Ooohh can I throw a spanner in the works and act all anal about something too? Please, please, please.

Incubus should be Incubus/Opprobrium because the earlier has been re-released as the later and we definitely wouldn't want to confuse anyone now would we!

Ooohh can I throw a spanner in the works and act all anal about something too? Please, please, please.

Incubus should be Incubus/Opprobrium because the earlier has been re-released as the later and we definitely wouldn't want to confuse anyone now would we!
giphy.gif

@jimmy101 if you're feeling up to it, splitting into four regions (eur, bay area, other usa, etc.) or something would be awesome.
Not a bad idea. I was thinking of seeding the top 16 bands & then perhaps splitting them up into regions would be really dope.