bauhaus?who the fuck are these guys?

• Thread starter metallica sucks cocks
  • Start date
M

metallica sucks cocks

OK, i havent got in memory yet, im very poor. i downloaded the original "double dare" by bauhaus..... am i missing something?
are these guys really supposed to be good? AP says that bauhaus has some SCARY music. well if i want scary, ill listen to early black sabbath or slayer.

i hope nevermore fucked this one up as good as they did the others. but what the hell? bauhaus????? the original double dare seemed boring, is there another song that could change my mind about these guys?

Bauhaus fuckin' kick ass dude!!

'Double Dare' sounds strange because it's old, man.. that track is from 1978... nobody was doing that stuff at the time.
If it wasn't for them, gothic rock would not exist. They were adventerous as hell, not many bands have gotten away with as much experimentation as they have on their albums.
However, they are an acquired taste because they are just weird.
You won't like them if you're a die-hard metal guy because they are definetly NOT a metal band.

Some more songs to check out:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Exquisite Corpse
Spirit
Silent Hedges
In The Night
Stigmata Martyr
Nerves
Kingdom's Coming
Bela Lugosi's Dead
She's In Parties

Bauhaus isnt exactly metalheads music, so dont worry, you are not supposed to like it anyways Metallicasuck. Why i personally like Bauhaus is actually the same reason i like Nevermore. Their lyrical theme is quite similar and gothic in the 80's punkgoth sence. Nevermore has a better music and production but IMHO they both got this specific natural cold-black atmosphere which a very few bands have.

For example i dont like Nevermore in the metal music sence at all. I woudnt compare the band to Iced Earth, Metallica, Megadeth, Jag Panzer and others what are usually referred as the similar acts. I love the specific atmosphere which none of those others have. Look at the travis Smith's "Dead Heart" graphics for example, and compare these to Iced Earth's quite sillly cartoons.

Metallica - Bauhaus are considered an old school "goth" band, inspired by Bowie and such...
They are incredible, haunting lyrics and intense sounds. Other bands stemming from them are Daniel Ash's solo stuff, as well as Peter Murphy's solo stuff. They are in the realm of Joy Division and The Cure, but way way different. Most of their stuff is slow and moody, so if you're looking for crunchy shit, you won't find it in a Bauhaus album.
If you're into lighting some candles, pouring some wine, and chilling out while listening to some moody, emotional music, go get a Bauhaus album.
They are one of my favorite bands, and I love how Nevermore has covered them. Sad they aren't "together" anymore, but they had a reunion tour in '98.
If you ever saw the movie, "The Hunger," you'll recognize the song "Bela Lugosi's Dead."

Originally posted by metallica sucks cocks
i hope nevermore fucked this one up as good as they did the others

So you've never heard the Nevermore version of Silent Hedges/Double Dare? ANd you hope that they fucke dit up good ol' Nevermore style. yes they did. That song kicks a gigantic amount of heavy metal ass. I personally haven't herad the Bauhaus version, but I know that hte Nevermore versio nis good and heavy and extremely awesome

well actually the Nevermore version of Silent Hedges\Double is not as far from the original as the sound of silence or love bites.
It's just a LITTLE heavier sound!!!
Anyway for me both versions kick ass and take names!!!

they gut the fuck out of the songs, man wish I could gut this song...

@SONG: Spreading the Disease

She always brings me what I need
Without I beg and sweat and bleed
When we're alone at night
Waiting for the call
She feeds my skin

Sixteen and on the run from home
Found a job in Times Square
Working Live S&M shows
Twenty-five bucks a fuck
And John's a happy man
She wipes the filth away
And it's back on the streets again

Spreading the disease
Everybody needs
But no one wants to see

Father William saved her from the streets
She drank the lifeblood from the savior's feet
She's Sister Mary now, eyes as cold as ice
He takes her once a week
On the alter like a sacrifice

Spreading the disease
Everybody needs
But no one wants to see

Religion and sex are power plays
Manipulate the people for the money they pay
Selling skin, selling God
The numbers look the same on their credit cards
Politicians say no to drugs
While we pay for wars in South America
Fighting fire with empty words
While the banks get fat
And the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich
And the cops get paid
To look away
As the one percent rules America

Spreading the disease
Everybody needs
But no one wants to see
The way society
Keeps spreading the disease

where I am based, my local record store has everyone, including BLUE OYSTER CULT, and MONSTER MAGNET
for some strange reason.