Be Carefull

People always try to pull out this argument of "why can't you enjoy bands without drugs? you're so stupid!" Now, I like to drink at concerts, and though I don't know if I've ever done it at a concert, I like to smoke weed also. I'm going to a concert with my girlfriend on Friday, and since I'm going for her and don't like the bands, I'll probably get high before or during it. It's at a large outdoor venue, so not much harm done.

To me, drugs are all about altering perception. They make me enjoy and appreciate things in different ways, but I don't NEED them to have a good time! On occasion when I'm too cheap to drink or smoke weed, I'm fine being sober. To each their own, but judging drug users is done far too often and seems to just be a response that arises out of frustration and lack of understanding.

Good. Best thing I've heard all day. I don't feel like getting that nasty smelling shit blown in my face everytime I'm trying to listen to a band. You can fuck yourself right in your worthless ass if you think I should have to be subjected to it just because you like it. Stay home and smoke yourself stupid. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but this is how I feel.

A lot of people were smoking weed in detroit, the stuff smell and it sucks when it gets blown in your face. I say smoke at home, not at concerts, or at least before or after.

Andy87 said:
Drugs would just make me not enjoy Opeth as much...

Obviously because drugs are taking away your full concentration for the music.

The only thing drugs can do is alter your perception of the music which can make listening more interesting. However, at a concert you want to focus on the music and appreciate the music by letting music have its natural effect on you.

For fu*ks sake. When ytou're high on drugs anything can be an enjoyable and interesting listening experience.

Darkfloyd said:
A lot of people were smoking weed in detroit, the stuff smell and it sucks when it gets blown in your face. I say smoke at home, not at concerts, or at least before or after.

PeeWee1473 said:
Good. Best thing I've heard all day. I don't feel like getting that nasty smelling shit blown in my face everytime I'm trying to listen to a band. You can fuck yourself right in your worthless ass if you think I should have to be subjected to it just because you like it. Stay home and smoke yourself stupid. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but this is how I feel.

You guys need to fucking chill out. It's a damn concert. Guess what - you go to a metal show, chances are you'll smell some weed. Or cigarettes. Perhaps you'll have to deal with a drunk stupid motherfucker at some point. Also, some people might crowd you, believe it or not. It might also get a bit loud.

I would recommend that you guys quit being such pussies. If you don't like smelling reefer at concerts (and really, that's all it is - when's the last time someone turned around and exhaled a hit directly in your face?) just stay at home and watch the DVD.

Everything is better on Magic Mushrooms. o_O :ill: :Spin: :D o_O

I can't believe how many whiners there are about pot smoking. :tickled:

I would think our tax dollars would be better spent if the undercover agents busted crack dealers instead of hunting down easy targets at metal shows. Eh, it's all about easy revenue anyway. :yell:

R0l0 said:
if you want to get high while watching music then YOU should break out the bong and watch the DVD.

Hahaha! I own the DVD but I do not own a bong! I've only tried mushrooms a couple times and smoked very little pot off and on for few years.

If someone offered me a joint at a concert, I would probably accept tho. :D

They're cracking down on drugs at concerts? Good. I'm straight edge but I've spent my fair share of time around stoners and I don't see how people can possibly claim they understand music "better" while under the influence of something. The people I know that smoke weed are usually stupid to begin with and only get worse when they're high.

Nope. I'm not chilling out and I'm not budging on this. No, no one has looked me in the face and blown smoke but I have been to OUTDOOR concerts where there is this thing called WIND that blows the smoke from the guy next to you directly in your face, which is just as bad. Plus, everybody acts like a fucktard about it anyway: "Uhuhuhuhuh look at me I'm fucking stoned wooaaahhh it's cool to be a jackass and be impressed by drugs." Shut up.

Of all the people I've been around that have been smoking pot I have NEVER, not a SINGLE time, ever seen them suddenly start acting smarter or making more sense than they did when they were sober. Do it at home all you want.

i dont smoke, but i really dont care if anyone else smokes around me. its their business. i think marijuana smells good, though.

Obviously because drugs are taking away your full concentration for the music.

The only thing drugs can do is alter your perception of the music which can make listening more interesting. However, at a concert you want to focus on the music and appreciate the music by letting music have its natural effect on you.

For fu*ks sake. When ytou're high on drugs anything can be an enjoyable and interesting listening experience.

NeverIsForever said:
They're cracking down on drugs at concerts? Good. I'm straight edge but I've spent my fair share of time around stoners and I don't see how people can possibly claim they understand music "better" while under the influence of something. The people I know that smoke weed are usually stupid to begin with and only get worse when they're high.

Weed doesn't make you smarter, and I am not claiming it does, in fact long term abuse can certainly make you dumber. However, it's my experience that, having been both high and not at a concert, being high can definitly enhance your concert-going experience.
Just like it's possible to use alcohol responsibly, it is also possible to use weed responsibly (in my opinion). Please remember there are quite a few recreational users who do not abuse weed, and who are quite intelligent.