Be Carefull

don't forget that drunkenness played a part in the deaths of Cliff Burton, Criss Oliva, Jimi Hendrix, and many more. weed is no different. when judgment is impaired, it ceases to be reliable to its full potential. there is no argument to this.

Silent Song said:
don't forget that drunkenness played a part in the deaths of Cliff Burton, Criss Oliva, Jimi Hendrix, and many more. weed is no different. when judgment is impaired, it ceases to be reliable to its full potential. there is no argument to this.

heh, ok Joe Friday.

Silent Song said:
I thought Cliff just died because their bus rolled over after slipping on some black ice and he got pinned underneath the truck? What's that go to do w/ being drunk?>

^ I don't think they do.. or at least Mike doesn't.

scarred_earth said:
the (dare I say it) Beatles..
hah, I think I remember reading an interview with Paul some time ago in which he said he was lucky to be alive after all the acid trips he took in their later era.

Martin Lopez himself asked me for coke at an Atlanta show a couple years back. I've never touched the stuff so i gave him some bud instead.

Tool - Third Eye

"see, I think drugs have done some *good* things for us, I really do.
And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a
Favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all
Your cd’s and burn em’. cause you konw what? the musicians who’ve made
All that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years...
Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs."

i agree with that for the most part.. not all my albums, but most. i think you're incredibly close-minded if you don't think certain drugs enhance creativity or have the potential to make music more enjoyable. and i don't even do any.. regularly.

I just need to ask one thing... how fucked up to you guys get from smoking a joint?!?!?!? You guys make it sound like its the same as doing a sheet of acid and running around with a needle in your arm...

does your entire world turn upside down because of some Marijuana... how good is this weed that you can no longer "concentrate" on the music and can no longer function intelligently???

I'm sure I'm going to get attacked and made fun of for saying this - but I bet you couldn't even tell if I was high or not if you met me... meaning that my speech would be lucid and my thoughts clear. How can you say that you would drink and not smoke weed... Ill tell you that everyone I know acts way more immature when they're drunk...my judgement is not impaired at all after a joint - but when I'm piss drunk I won't think twice about taking a leak in public for example...

and although I don't NEED Marijuana to enjoy music (I was sober for Opeth and Steve Vai, 2 of the most amazing shows I've ever seen) - smoke a joint, listen to Wish You Were Here or something and then tell me the weed didn't make things more VIVID for you...the reason I smoke weed in the first place is because a nice joint and a great album is one of the most exciting and relaxing forms of entertainment for me... better than any movie, or book (and yes, I do also listen to music sober).

Stimuli said:
I just need to ask one thing... how fucked up to you guys get from smoking a joint?!?!?!? You guys make it sound like its the same as doing a sheet of acid and running around with a needle in your arm...

They have no idea wtf they're talking about dude, and their minds are closed to you. They've been brainwashed by the man.

FHARE: (see above, my quote didn't work)

exactly!

that's why i wish we'd legalize and then move our money into better things! regulate and help the addicts. prohibition never worked either!

send the cops to clean up stuff that really matters... eg. not stoners at metal shows!

i think we agree. just missed the meaning a few times.

stick it to the man, man.

T-Rat said:
FHARE: (see above, my quote didn't work)

exactly!

that's why i wish we'd legalize and then move our money into better things! regulate and help the addicts. prohibition never worked either!

send the cops to clean up stuff that really matters... eg. not stoners at metal shows!

i think we agree. just missed the meaning a few times.

stick it to the man, man.

In principal, I'd agree. Although I'd like that money we spend fighting the weed war BACK in my pocket, thank you very much. And it goes without saying I'd much rather they just run 'em all over with a bulldozer for being stupid enough to get addicted to drugs in the first place.