been 3 weeks I think.. new album details?

this definitly has been one of the longest waits i know of for album detail, perhaps im just impatient and looking fowared to the new album, from what I have heard, with regards to a music video and top quality production, this has to be a moment to really look fowared to.

Isnt the trend with katatonia to relelease the album this time of the year though? Its seems to be a bit later from what I rememeber, maybe they are going to seriously push it and promote it this time, the last album was very popular after all, I think most metal fans know of katatonia now, if theydon't they usually get me telling them to listen.

I think we have to wait till the 30th November to get those updates..
They want make us suffer:)

How many expectations do you have for this album?
I´m afraid I´m putting so many expectations that if the album is not as I hope it will be..than I´ll be deeply disappointed...
I don´t really know what to expect, not much has been revealed yet..so we only know it has the best production ever and that it is heavy..so not so much is given to our immagination..
Then I´m kind of afraid that the lyrics could lose their intensity and their melancholy, darkness and desperation they had on albums such Discouraged Ones or Tonights Decision...I don´t know if it will be so dark and "depressing"

bizzarre! it seems some people have a psychic sense about the right colors as they have been mentioned dead on already... the news update will go up between today and nov 30... cheerz!

it´s Anders who wrote this on the forum..so I think about the worst possibility could be on 30th November...I think always negative, ha ha

So, no inside info and even if I had any kind of info, I wouldn ´t post them here, he eh(but I don´t have any)

They probably wanna get us in the right mood for the EP/album. I'm getting really depressed by the waiting..

ether said:
it´s Anders who wrote this on the forum..so I think about the worst possibility could be on 30th November...I think always negative, ha ha

Remember, always look on the bright side of life. Ok I think they will do this update before 30th November... or maybe later ;)

ether said:
I think we have to wait till the 30th November to get those updates..
They want make us suffer:)

How many expectations do you have for this album?
I´m afraid I´m putting so many expectations that if the album is not as I hope it will be..than I´ll be deeply disappointed...
I don´t really know what to expect, not much has been revealed yet..so we only know it has the best production ever and that it is heavy..so not so much is given to our immagination..
Then I´m kind of afraid that the lyrics could lose their intensity and their melancholy, darkness and desperation they had on albums such Discouraged Ones or Tonights Decision...I don´t know if it will be so dark and "depressing"

I`ve been a Katatonia fan for like 10 years i think, and with every album I thought this IS the best music ever, it CAN`T get any better, it must go down or maybe just stagnate one day because that`s what happens with pretty much every band sooner or later. But in Katatonias case, the next album was ALWAYS even better than the previous ones. And so I believe it`s the same with this new album. Katatonia does not disappoint!! This is what I`ve learnt after all these years :)
...desperately waiting for the new masterpiece...

EvilVince said:
The new album will be titled "The French Are From Hell" and the new EP will be titled "Not Drowning, Waving".

-Vince

Not Waving But Drowning
by Stevie Smith

Nobody heard him, the dead man,
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he's dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,
They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.

A very nice ‘haunting’ poem I think. Could be a Katatonia song.
Anyway, I really love this poem…

I'm not expecting it to be better or worse than any of the other albums, that opinion will work naturally. However, I know that it'll be different. As logical as it would seem, I'm not really expecting a sound in the 'Viva' vain. i'm thinking the new album will be a bit more textured with a couple of lengthier songs, doomy but not in the Brave Murder Day sound. Something dark and doomy but still accessible maybe?

i really have no idea why i feel this way

The new album will be called "Badical Turbo Radness". And sorry, I didn't mean to say all the french people were from hell. But it would be funny if they were.

-Vince

N.P. - Maudlin Of The Well - Untitled

Cis said:
I`ve been a Katatonia fan for like 10 years i think, and with every album I thought this IS the best music ever, it CAN`T get any better, it must go down or maybe just stagnate one day because that`s what happens with pretty much every band sooner or later. But in Katatonias case, the next album was ALWAYS even better than the previous ones. And so I believe it`s the same with this new album. Katatonia does not disappoint!! This is what I`ve learnt after all these years :)
...desperately waiting for the new masterpiece...

I just hope the´ll put some news on the 28th November...ha ha, that would be a great birthday present for you:)

I´m sure it will be great, but I don´t know..I wait...and if it is better than all their previous albums, then I feel I have too see at least 10 gigs next year..which I don´t know if it will be possible..but I really miss their concerts...and then..a different and new set list..ahhhhhh this makes me feel I really need a Katatonia concert soon!!!!