• Behemoth

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Nile

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • THESE QUESTIONS ARE TOO HARD!

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
I haven't heard it yet. I don't want to spoil the surprise:oops:

You know very well that I don't like the band much, but even I have to admit that this release is good. I think you'll enjoy it.

And I would hardly consider Behemoth OR Nile underground, they're both huge in the modern DM scene and they're both going to Ozzfest, soooo...

Both of them sometimes use some Middle-Eastern-scale-shit gimmick things. Behemoth pre-Demigod was great, however.

Sventeith and From the Pagan Vastlands absolutely rape anything Nile has ever so much as considered doing.

Nile. IMO they are easily one of the best "modern" death metal bands. Both bands are somewhat generic, but Nile were the first to incorporate "middle eastern" sounding melodies in their songs so heavily. I don't care if they are not innovative or groundbreaking, as they are good for what they are, a standard modern death metal band with a twist. The songs are well written, and the musicianship is as tight as fuck.

Never quite understood the whole "match-up" thing too much. I mean, waffles or pancakes? ketchup or mustard? wtf?

Point is - both bands are great. I love Nile and their music, they live about 30 minutes from here. Behemoth is fucking killer too. Though both are similar in brutality, their music is very different from one another to me. When both bands started, their sound was way different from one another, Behemoth was black metal and Nile was a tuned-down bulldozer. And just because they graduated into riffing badassness accompanied by excellent drumming doesn't mean that they need to be even compared.

Nile is great for a modern death metal band. The only modern death metal band who are better songwriters and musicians, that I can think of, is Crimson Massacre. But I still like Nile better.

nile's musicianship is excellent indeed, in terms of playing with speed, technicality, groove and alot of conviction. Most of their stuff is hit or miss with me however, ITDS is fucking awesome but everything else is no more than 7-8/10.

Both bands have excellent back catalogues (Behemoth especially), but both bands have become increasingly generic and hard to listen to, particularly Behemoth. I like Annihilation of the Wicked, but Behemoth's last few albums have been complete yawn-fests. Brutal, maybe, but boring.

However, I'm going with Behemoth because I have a soft spot for black metal. :)