Behemoth v. Nile

• Behemoth

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Nile

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • THESE QUESTIONS ARE TOO HARD!

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
consdering the above, why do people laugh when I say nile has some parts and songs that are very doom metal-esque?

Not sure... but not only are they doom metal-esque, in the case of Unas, Slayer of the Gods they stole the main riff from Well of Souls.

Actually Behemoth is more the old school Greek scaling.

Nile by a long shot, I can hear their guitars better than I can on the newer Behemoth btw. Musicianship and compisitions owns are very interesting and adventerous, Behemoth....isn't very often. Though I only like Behemoth's DM stuff.

I just re-listened to Behemoth's Zos Kia Cultis, and it blew me the fuck away. Great compositions, great rhythms, heavy as fuck guitar. Then I put on Nile's In Their Darkened Shrines, and it seemed like a big downstep in all those categories - more generic, less catchy. I vote Behemoth. :)

LOL, all of Nile's compositions blow Behemoth's away. Their Arrgements are simple and generic. Nile's are quite complex. Behemoth is generic, especially that last album.

LOL, all of Nile's compositions blow Behemoth's away. Their Arrgements are simple and generic. Nile's are quite complex. Behemoth is generic, especially that last album.

Dude, we should totally get into a pointless, circular debate over which band is more complex or generic. ;)

Both are among my favorite death metal bands but I think I'm leaning towards Nile.

Nile never played black metal, and Behemoth's death metal material still owns anything Nile put out.

but, I would say that The Burning Pits of the Duat is a fucking bad ass Nile song from Annihilation of the Wicked, and is definetly on par,IMO, with some Behemoth songs (Myterium Coniunctionis (Hermanubis), for example)

lol, Behemoth is not that good. I dont get this. I understand people like Behemoth more because of their black metal. But their death metal doesnt come anywhere near Nile

I like really like Behemoth but truth is they aren't much more than an above-average polish death metal band. There's tons of bands that sound like them. And I would agree they are overrated but they've been fairly successful commercially so its no surprise that they are more popular than Nile.

lol, Behemoth is not that good. I dont get this. I understand people like Behemoth more because of their black metal. But their death metal doesnt come anywhere near Nile

It seems pretty obvious to me that Behemoth owns Nile. Obviously they're both competent death metal bands, but Nile's stuff sounds all the same to me, whereas Behemoth adds interesting dynamics and unusual rhythms which make me appreciate their music more as a whole. Damn awesome vocals, too.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Behemoth owns Nile. Obviously they're both competent death metal bands, but Nile's stuff sounds all the same to me, whereas Behemoth adds interesting dynamics and unusual rhythms which make me appreciate their music more as a whole. Damn awesome vocals, too.

I is in concurrance

I like really like Behemoth but truth is they aren't much more than an above-average polish death metal band. There's tons of bands that sound like them. And I would agree they are overrated but they've been fairly successful commercially so its no surprise that they are more popular than Nile.

Oh, and I suppose there aren't tons of bands who sound like Nile? :lol: It's death metal we're talking about. The genre is full of derivative sound-alikes. At least I can tell Behemoth songs apart from each other.

Oh, and I suppose there aren't tons of bands who sound like Nile? :lol: It's death metal we're talking about. The genre is full of derivative sound-alikes. At least I can tell Behemoth songs apart from each other.

Yes of course there's tons of bands that sound the same, but when Nile came out there weren't a million bands playing death metal with such an interest in Egypt and trying to encorporate Egyptian influences into their music etc. Behemoth was a black metal band that (progressively) basically switched over to standard Polish death metal. And whether or not you can tell songs apart is just a reflection on how often or much you have actually listened to the band and their albums, because you can say that about any metal band.