Behemoth v. Nile

• Behemoth

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Nile

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • THESE QUESTIONS ARE TOO HARD!

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
Behemoth. Greater musicianship, lyrical content, and the songs flow together nicely. Nile puts me sleep. Some of their ten minute songs could easily shortened down to four or five, but they inject it with psuedo-oriental bullshit. I like them, they just seem extremely pretentious half the time.

Behemoth. Greater musicianship, lyrical content, and the songs flow together nicely. Nile puts me sleep. Some of their ten minute songs could easily shortened down to four or five, but they inject it with psuedo-oriental bullshit. I like them, they just seem extremely pretentious half the time.

their egyptian epics are fucking awesome, I dunno what you are talking about. "unas slayer of the gods" is especially spectacular, close your eyes and listen to that song and you will feel like you are in the middle of some ancient egyptian ceremony :lol: :lol:

you should love their new album though, no bullshit on that one. Just pure, relentlessly crushing death metal (if the previews are any indication)

their egyptian epics are fucking awesome, I dunno what you are talking about. "unas slayer of the gods" is especially spectacular, close your eyes and listen to that song and you will feel like you are in the middle of some ancient egyptian ceremony :lol: :lol:

Unas is indeed an awesome track.

As Above, So Below is also incredibly badass, though.

you should love their new album though, no bullshit on that one. Just pure, relentlessly crushing death metal (if the previews are any indication)

Behemoth couldn't hope to compose a song like that. Just a slew more of generic Death metal. Some shining moments on a track or 2 here and there and then back to chug chug chug, one dimisional vocals.

Behemoth couldn't hope to compose a song like that. Just a slew more of generic Death metal. Some shining moments on a track or 2 here and there and then back to chug chug chug, one dimisional vocals.

You are right... Behemoth couldn't compose a song like that because Behemoth wouldn't dare to steal the main riff from Candlemass' Well of Souls like Nile did for Unas. :p

behemoth's vocals are absolutely brilliant on every album with the exception of demigod (too much double tracking). Nergal's vocals are unbelievably aggressive, loud and just heavy as fuck

You are right... Behemoth couldn't compose a song like that because Behemoth wouldn't dare to steal the main riff from Candlemass' Well of Souls like Nile did for Unas. :p

It's not the same, and B you have one riff(Not really. lol), I am sure I can find many fro Behemoth given their so generic. Conquer All's riffs have been recycled about 100 times by many metal bands mentioned on these forums.

I would like Nile a hell of a lot more if they tuned up a whole step and turned down their gain; sometimes Nile just sounds like spiky mush. Behemoth is my choice.

I think I'm somewhat more inclined towards Behemoth because I tend to gravitate more towards European bands over American bands.

This describes myself as well, but I'm more fair to judge bands by their nationality these days. It's true that Europe puts out 95% better bands than America, but I'm willing to give an American band a shot if I think they have good stuff.