Behringer 2031: crap or good?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Usually I read bad comments about these monitors, but I noticed that the most famous danish metal studios like Antfarm or Hansen studios regularly use them. Also Mnemic in theur studio have a pair of them.
So...what do you think about these monitors? Totally crap or they are like the ns-10's (sound shitty but mixes come out well)?

All I will say is- You get what you pay for, especially with monitors. I would take room treatment any day over wasting money on those.

But if it's all you can afford, then that's a different story.

BTW I have heard them before, and they sound like low end monitors. Hyped lows and hyped highs. There are better options out there (Maudio comes to mind)

No it's only curiosity because everybody says they are shit, but famous studios use them and I don't understand why, if they sound like shit :)
Actually I have a pair of HS-50's, not too much lowend, but before buy another set of monitors I'll do some treatment for sure

Joey used them for long, if I remember correctly? And mixed Oceano on them (his best sounding mix for me;P). Correct me if I am wrong.

i used them for about 2 years before i got the cash for some mid range adams. i liked them and regret selling them. get them tuned in and they work quite well and can get some serious tracking volume out of them which is nice.

i have a buddy with a KILLER studio that frequents here as well and they are his main monitors for quite a few years. talks about upgrading but they get the job done well. in the price range dont know if you can beat them.

Hi

im new in this forum, carriiyng bad news.

that monitors you seen arent behringer, they are a very expensives GENELEC, behringer only copies the looking of a lot of hardware, and those are one copy of:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Genelec-1032AM-10-inch-biamp-monitor?sku=581349

and the behringer ones:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-TRUTH-B2031A-Active-Monitors-Pair?sku=600601

and im not shure but its too a copy of an old mackies!

greetings

PD

sorry about my english.....

They came out with the newer B3030 and B3031s, but I don't know how they sound.
Honestly, I'd get the smaller B2030s instead of the 2031s, because the bigger ones are a bit muddy sounding. Sure, you'll lose low end with the smaller ones, but pair them with a proper sub and you'd probably get a better low end than the mud of the 2031s.
I've noticed my 2030s are kinda fatiguing if you don't set them up right.
Once you back off the high frequencies using the switch at the back, they become much more comfortable to use for extended sessions.
Like any monitors, you can learn them, and if you can't afford anything better, just pick up these, and they should be okay for now.
The way I see it, buy these, and wait until you can afford awesome room treatment and amazing monitors, because you'll lose more money gradually buying new monitors and selling them and buying new ones over time than just getting the best all at once.

Hi

im new in this forum, carriiyng bad news.

that monitors you seen arent behringer, they are a very expensives GENELEC, behringer only copies the looking of a lot of hardware

Yes...ok....but I'm able to identify the behringer logo and anyway, I checked the equipment list of those studios.

The fact is, I've seen much more pro studios with Behringer 2031 that studios with Adam A7 for example..

Yes...ok....but I'm able to identify the behringer logo and anyway, I checked the equipment list of those studios.

The fact is, I've seen much more pro studios with Behringer 2031 that studios with Adam A7 for example..
you are right, here is Tue Madsen studio:
tue.jpg
taken from his myspace

you are right, here is Tue Madsen studio:
tue.jpg
taken from his myspace

ohh man you are right, maybe are used to listen in a cheap reference and in a "standard" reference (the yamaha´s ns10). i know some home studios with the behringers, and those not sound bad, but for the price you have better options, like krk or mackie.

greetings

ohh man you are right, maybe are used to listen in a cheap reference and in a "standard" reference (the yamaha´s ns10). i know some home studios with the behringers, and those not sound bad, but for the price you have better options, like krk or mackie.

greetings

to me the mackies seemed hyped more than the behringers. i have worked in 1 studio that had them and freelanced in another that had them and never liked them. as far as krk goes, they just felt to blah and the reproduction just did not work for me. shot a couple different models out about 4-5 years back. i stayed with my behringers until i saved up some serious cash and could really move up. then it took me a few months to get mixes out trying to learn new monitors, and the ribbon tweeter in adams is a bit of getting used to. that might be a big chunk of it as well i guess. regardless of the monitors you get, once you get used to them and how they respond and translate, switching to another monitor can be tough! i hate ns-10's for the record! :puke:

greetings

The yammy there are hs-50's :)

i used b2031as for years and thought they ruled hard, as good or better than the sennheiser hd600s i was using at the time. had 'em on stands. the attenuation switches on the back made all the difference

i currently use B2031a's. I did various shootouts with different monitors at a large store that had a nice selection. They have been with me for over 2 years now, and I have no regrets. Once I LEARNED THE NUANCES of how they sounded, my mixes got better and better. The fact they have decent power and the larger woofer just means you have to spend more time making sure they are tuned and set up for your room properly!

In my ears opinion, the next upgrade for me is some Dynaudio's. Aside from that, I think these are the best monitors in their price range!!

(p.s - hey are also great for just regular listneing to all material, the output they are capable of is great for when you wanna just listen to tunes and turn it up a little)