Believe it or not, Joey Belladonna Puts on a great show

Jun 2, 2002
Chicago area
Visit site
I know coming from me, The Joey Basher, this sonds crazy, but he is great live. Also a real nice guy. He played alot of anthrax tune's and some solo shit. it all sounded awsome. He was playing drums, and singing. Altho he is no Charlie, he did a good job. I know I have talked alot of shit about this guy b4 I met him, but after meeting him, I see he is a first class guy, who is all about the Music. If you get a chance go see him live, he will amaze you. Peace!!:wave:

I noticed in a local paper that a band called Belladonna were playing in Ireland next month, and I nearly went daft. Although after a bit of digging I discovered that this band are made up of 5 girls from Southern Ireland. Just as well I didn't go to see them, I think I'd have been disappointed, unless the girls were pretty fit.

And there I was Buddy expecting a lot of scarcasm from you when I clicked on your post. That's cool man, I'm glad to hear!

i wonder- does he pay royalties to anthrax for playing their material which he had, apparently, nothing to do with contributing towards??

how big was the crowd?

I saw Van Hagar once.... once.
And the DLR era songs that Van Hagar played were switched up a bit... didn't sound the same as the original versions.
But I thought you could do whatever you want at a live gig...?
For example, when S.O.D. do their ballads, the music sounds just like the original recordings....
What are the rules and regulations with this?

i am sure david lee roth was smart enough to have a claus in the contract if he went solo,i doubt anthrax would worry to much about it,if there is only a couple hundre dgoing to a show is anthrax going to get there lawyers to drag 50 bucks outta belladonna,i def know if u only play snippets of songs u dont have to pay shit so who really knows.

ThraxDude said:
I saw Van Hagar once.... once.
And the DLR era songs that Van Hagar played were switched up a bit... didn't sound the same as the original versions.
But I thought you could do whatever you want at a live gig...?
For example, when S.O.D. do their ballads, the music sounds just like the original recordings....
What are the rules and regulations with this?
i think u are right about changing the song up a bit,belladonna band would play things a bit different u would think.

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
Yes, he sang and played at the same time.
Wasn´t it a bit...strange? I mean when he´s not a frontman and has to sit behind the kit and play all the fast notes and sing to it? That sounds practically impossible to me...I mean, of course you can do it when you play some kind of pop rock but thrash metal????

No, I saw him back on 8/6 in Albany NY and he played all the fast shit and sang too. I've also met him before and he is one of the nicest people you'll ever talk to.

"unauthorised copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record is prohibited."

so strictly speaking doing covers without permission is a no no but i doubt bands care too much about it, as imagine the cost just to chase a few hundred dollars would not be worth it.

Joey also did a good job on the STD, ATL, SOE and POT tours.

And on the STD tour he stepped down so Mike Muir could do a few songs with the boys.

One night I saw him on the POT tour and his voice was off because I think he was drunk but he was supposed to be sober by that point. Go figure.