Bendeth Calls Out Sturgis #epic #shitstorm #podtact #podtactless #cats

Yep, just seen it. Thought it was about will joining the ranting thing.

There's also a capture of some joey status that I cannot believe it to be true on that conversation.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar/790347-gareth-right.html

Yeah the original time the troll bread was passed round was what I was alluding to with the "5 pages" thing, theres a few other nice screens in there like the one where he says he wants to duck the IRS by doing mastering jobs under the table. As a topic it's quite a good read also.

The idea that producers/engineers who use/operate the mentioned equipment are in any way superior (pun intended) to ITB kids is disproved by the legions of producers/engineers who use/operate the mentioned equipment and put out horrible productions - both sonically and content-wise. Gear doesn't mean shit - and it never did.

+1

Guru is so consistently full of shit, it's great.

The idea that producers/engineers who use/operate the mentioned equipment are in any way superior (pun intended) to ITB kids is disproved by the legions of producers/engineers who use/operate the mentioned equipment and put out horrible productions - both sonically and content-wise. Gear doesn't mean shit - and it never did.

True, advertisers refer to this as conspicuous consumption and its the notion that the accumulation of goods buys social status and assumed knowledge in a particular field: Gearslutz is practically founded on this idea. It's often used as a defense mechanism for lack of talent: as you aptly pointed out I'm sure we all know a few engineers that are more bluff than actual skill and as rational thinkers we can usually discern this lack of talent fairly easily but less critical minds (musicians) often wander into these things without as much discrimination. Thus why some bands go to "that guy with the nice studio" and promptly get burned when they realise the person they chose doesn't have a fucking clue.

Öwen;10596038 said:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar/790347-gareth-right.html

Yeah the original time the troll bread was passed round was what I was alluding to with the "5 pages" thing, theres a few other nice screens in there like the one where he says he wants to duck the IRS by doing mastering jobs under the table. As a topic it's quite a good read also.

from what i understand, the IRS slapped with him a huge tax bill for all of the years he was taking in unreported income...then he decided to pay it off by taking on more unreported income. i could be wrong there, but that's what i've gathered between what i've been told, and what he put on facebook and all that. pretty surprising he isn't in jail, really...

Just wanted to +1, cause it's so true and one of the most important things to keep in mind in this business.

By the way listening to that Attack Attack record made me realize how good Sturgis were before 3 years. I really have to listen to his newer stuff although I hate this music it's a good inspiration.

By the way listening to that Attack Attack record made me realize how good Sturgis were before 3 years. I really have to listen to his newer stuff although I hate this music it's a good inspiration.

It is qualitatively excellent, but it hasn't evolved at all. I think Sturgis may have reached market saturation with this particular type of production and music. That's not to say that he can't move on to other styles or musical paradigms, but I think the Attack Attack thing is winding down, albeit gradually.

Is that a joke ?

Honestly I think all they mean is "Colin records bands. He doesn't finish writing all of our songs for us." A lot of bands really want and/or depend on producers to arrange, rewrite or ghostwrite their songs. If you think all the stuff that goes to Joey sounds similar writing-wise b/c of coincidence I've got a bridge I want to sell you.

Honestly I think all they mean is "Colin records bands. He doesn't finish writing all of our songs for us." A lot of bands really want and/or depend on producers to arrange, rewrite or ghostwrite their songs. If you think all the stuff that goes to Joey sounds similar writing-wise b/c of coincidence I've got a bridge I want to sell you.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inte...we_do_and_were_pretty_f--king_good_at_it.html

this is the interview, i googled it up and oh man it's just painful to read. I am hurting here. I loved the poison for its amalgamation of pop songs with badass riffery, i liked scream aim fire for having some sense of badassery. And i do not want to talk about the recent 2 Records, i'll just pretend they never happened.

^ I read a bit of the interview and they said that fever is 100% of what they are? I am not a fan of the band but I remember hearing the album and thinking to myself, man this band is getting more gayer than ever!lol Quite a weak album, almost pop shit.

But they never were in the first league of metalcore IMO.