best 3 concerts uve been to?

Katabasis said:
Hmm, let's see; well I live in Australia, so not many international acts, but I'd have to say:

1) Opeth - Deliverance tour

2) Cradle of Filth - Midian tour

3) Opeth - Upcoming Damnation tour :)
ARGH

you copy half my name and half my posts!!!!

GO AWAY :loco:

Strapping Young Lad / Devin Townsend Band / Zimmers Hole - March 16th 2003, Bristol UK

Opeth DVD Concert - September 25th, London UK

and i cant decide who gets third:

In Flames - Wacken 2003
Nightwish - Bloodstock 2003

i was standing a bit far back for in flames but both of them put on an incredible show.

Soilwork (2003)
Slayer (2001)
Cog (2003)

Honorable mentions to Opeth earlier this year (I was underage but I sat outside the backstage door with friends in the rain and listened to the whole set - it beats most gigs I've been inside for) and Tool in 2002. SYL in a week or so should be amazing though.

Katatonic289 said:
ARGH

you copy half my name and half my posts!!!!

GO AWAY :loco:

Hehehehe, Katabasis means 'a brief descent to the underworld' - it's also the name of the band I'm in. Similar sound, but different meaning.
:loco:

As for the liking the same gigs...well, I guess great metal minds think alike.

:cool:

Tough question...

I'd say it would have to be...

- Opeth, either the Deliverance tour, or the Damnation tour with Porcupine tree...

- Zimmer's Hole/Devin Townsend Band/Strapping Young Lad

- Godspeed You! Black Emperor

in some order...however, there are way more that are up near the top 3 as well.

1. Heavy Sound Festival - Slayer et al. - Poperinge, Belgium, 1985
2. Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime Tour - Bonn, Germany, 1988
3. Judas Priest/Def Leppard/Accept - Essen, Germany, 1981 (my second concert ever. I was 14 then :))

It's about time I see a good concert in the 90s. Never seen Opeth yet, but the next time they are within a few hundred kilometres reach, I'll grab them.

I've been to hundreds of gigs so this is hard...

But I'd say:

- Depeche Mode 1998 ...AND Depeche Mode in 2001 (Helsinki)

- Type O Negative 1996 (Helsinki)

- HIM, one of their first gigs ever in 1997 (Helsinki)

Other gigs I just have to mention...

- Moonspell 1996 (Helsinki) and any other of their 5 gigs I've been to

- Sentenced gigs are always great and so are HIM's (I can't even remember at how many their gigs I've been to)

- Immortal 2002 (Wacken open air)

- Danzig 1995 (Provinssirock, Seinäjoki)

... And many more.

When I think about it Agalloch realy deserves to be on there. When I saw them live this year, I didn't have that high of expectations sience this was only their 3rd show, pluse their music didn't seem like it would be able to be traslated from the studio to a live setting well, with all the interplaying of acoustics and electrics, pluse those other random instruments they have in there. Well they were simply amazing. The stage presance was awesome. They made some parts a lot heavier live (like the part in " In Our Shadow..." where he sings "I walked down to the river..." and that sounded amazing). They also closed with a heavy version of "The Lodge" which was absolutly amazing. So I would have to say their show was up there.

I haven't seen many live shows ...

My first good show was at the reverb room in toronto

2000 or 2001 ... In Flames, Nevermore, Burn it down

Me and my friends were on acid while watching The Hip here in town .... that was an amazing experience.

and being on E while seeing Sam Roberts was pretty awesome .... a lot of people were on E or acid so there was alot of energy in the crowd.

Best 3 for me would be (havn't been to many)

1. Opeth/ Alchemist (2003) in Sydney
2. Queens Of The Stone Age (2003) Syd
3. Probably will be Metal for the brain (2003) in Canberra later this year.... Otherwise i'm not sure for no.3 :p

warsofwinter said:
Me and my friends were on acid while watching The Hip here in town .... that was an amazing experience.

and being on E while seeing Sam Roberts was pretty awesome .... a lot of people were on E or acid so there was alot of energy in the crowd.
:err: How intelligent is it to advertise on an internet forum that you have been doing acid and exstacy?