Best Album Ever

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray

If you have it, listen to it. If you don't, buy it.

That is all.

P.S. Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while, so I just wanted to say HI :)

Soul of Ice said:
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray If you have it, listen to it. If you don't, buy it. That is all. P.S. Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while, so I just wanted to say HI
Hello! :Smug:
Hmm, I have it and I like it very much!!!

I just got my first Fates Warning cd, Spectre Within. Hasn't done all that much for me so far, and the singer doesnt help matters, but I still have to listen to it a bunch more times before I can really make up my mind

The Yngster said:
I just got my first Fates Warning cd, Spectre Within. Hasn't done all that much for me so far, and the singer doesnt help matters, but I still have to listen to it a bunch more times before I can really make up my mind
Wow, for only having one Fates album... you sure made an obscure purchase. I don't like that singer either... but two albums later, they got a new singer.

APSOG is great, but my favorite Fates album is "Disconnected".

Impossible to choose. My favorite of the YEAR, however, is Adagio's Underworld. I'm sure this will be in my top ten forever.

Images and Words might be my all-time favorite. The Odyssey is also up there. Impossible to say, though.

Fates warnings "At fates hands"(song) is a great example of straight prog song, with just cool riffs and rhythm changes, cool song. APSOG is a good album tho...

ProgMetalFan said:
Wow, for only having one Fates album... you sure made an obscure purchase. I don't like that singer either... but two albums later, they got a new singer.

APSOG is great, but my favorite Fates album is "Disconnected".
"No Exit" was my favorite album for about a year and a half back in 1988/89. I stopped listening to them after "Parallels" as they became too technical and the music lost all feeling (IMO). I haven't heard anything since then. I have heard good things about APSOG, but I just haven't had the desire to buy it based on my last impressions of them.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side

About Fates Warning... "The Spectre Within" is in fact my favourite album by them, great production and godly songs. "Awaken the Guardian" and "No Exit" are great as well, but I could never get into the post-Perfect Symmetry stuff. I miss their mythical aura. John Arch ruled Ray Alder and still does, by the way.

Soul of Ice said:
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray

If you have it, listen to it. If you don't, buy it.
I wonder why there are so many people loving this album. It's boring to death and doesn't match real masterpieces like "Parallels" or "Perfect Symmetry".

And of course nothing matches Dream Theater's "Scenes From A Memory", especially not "A Pleasant Shade of Gray".:hotjump:

I had heard Abbey Road for the first time VERY recently, and I must say it's quite a masterpiece. I always thought the Beatles were decent, nothing to impressive, and were sex symbols. Then my mom showed me this and I was listening to it all of my winter break. Definitely going to buy Beatle's albums this summer...a lot of them :cool:

As for my favorite album, that's really really hard...
either "Images and Words" by Dream Theater or "Master of Puppets" by Metallica :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: