Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Damnation

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Watershed

Votes: 26 7.7%

• Total voters
It's no secret I like Watershed the best. I think it's perfect from beginning to end. I would have to say out of all the albums Deliverance is my least favorite. Doesn't have any bad material here or there which I could pick from the first 3 albums on parts, but just an overall somewhat dull album to me and can't get into it even after 20 some listens. I thought the same about Still Life and it took a few listens now I like it.

So what? Not a good reason for voting. If an album is not good then do not vote, do not fear the album doesn't have feelings, it does not need your sympathy and it would not be heart broken..

Damnation's got horrible self esteem, have you heard those songs? It needs all the support it can get!

I narrowed it down to these:

Morningrise-its ability to convey moods is fantastic.

Still Life-exhibits Opeth's knack for writing good rock(and not just metal) better than any other album.

Blackwater Park-probably their best songwriting album and also their first album to grab me by the neck and say "hey fucker, this is good stuff!"

Watershed-Possibly their most intriguing album and a profound statement about their ability to write excellent music outside of pure metal.

In the end I had to go for Still Life even though Benighted sometimes bores me to tears.

blackwater park got:

lots of boring solos
nice riffs
catchy growls
boring song structures

blackwater park
patterns in the ivy II

There is a reason for the results being almost exactly the same every single fucking time. Oh that's right because the "debate" is very settled. :erk: at the 10 people voted ws.

I vote Orchid, because it's the first album has raw power and has Under The Weeping Moon, Twilight Is My Robe and Apostle In Triumph... all great songs :p IMO

The more I listen to Ghost Reveries, the more I like it. I've been listening to this album more then the others as of late. Now I'm convinced I like their newer material better.

My Arms Your Hearse is obviously the best one. almost every song is brilliant (Karma being the best of the best)

as a second i would nominate Orchid, with such masterpieces like 'The Twilight Is My Robe' or 'In Mist She Was Standing'

Still Life would be my number 3. it has phantastic songs like 'Godheads Lament', 'Moonlapse Vertigo' or 'Benighted', but also some weaker ones like 'Face Of Melinda'