Best Australian beer

I like Bass. Is that the one with the red triangle? Coz that's the one I mean.
Yep, Bass is the red triangle. :) Not bad, I drink it on tap from time to time, but a fairly 'safe' tasting brew.

I have never seen anyone in Australia actually have Fosters.....
I remembered today that I have seen plenty of people drink Fosters in Australia, although both were exceptional circumstances. I remember gallon upon gallon of the stuff being drunk at last years Australian Grand Prix (perhaps their being the main sponsor would have something to do with that :D). I also saw it on tap in a bar at the Ayers Rock Resort, presumably for the tourists who wouldn't recognise VB or Carlton.

Chow: Yeah, New is fucking terrible also. It used to be good until Tooheys got taken over by Lion. Now it tastes like horse's piss.

Catharsis: Any port in a storm, mate. Aussies will drink cat's piss if it's in a brown bottle marked "beer" when there's nothing else to drink. I'm sure there are actually plenty of Aussies that do drink Foster's, but it's by no means the most popular or the best of the brews around.

James Squire Amber ale and Indian Pale Ale are both excellent.
Coopers is great for ales aswell.

Tooheys Extra Dry is good, but only in a GLASS BOTTLE!
None of this plastic or tin flavoured beer does it for me.

I hate West End draught and Southwark Pale, something is just wrong about those two.

beer is icky! :yuk: but I can stomach cascades if I have to. in fact, sometimes they're quite nice, but I'll take a good ole' mercury sweet cider any day! ^_^

...or we could just keep saying we drink fosters so they buy more of the crap. :lol:

Ahh, a little nugget of information popped into my head this evening, and I thought I'd share it with you all. :)

I work for the UK's largest drinks logistics provider, and I have access to all the costing figures, prices etc for the products we distribute. You may find it quite amusing that, at wholesale price, VB is the most expensive bottled lager in the UK!

hey, is emu beer the same thing as NT draught? that stuff that comes in the HUGE 2L bottle? I wanna take a bottle of that with me overseas (if I can) but when I saw it back at home it was like $30 :erk: so I skipped it and thought I'd find it cheaper in Melboure.... I get here and the only place I can find it on sale is selling it for $60!!? :eek:

does anyone know of anywhere in melbounre where I could pick it up cheaper, or in lieu of that, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be taking overseas (aussie stuff). at the moment I'll be picking up a bottle of bundy black from duty free before I leave.

NT Draught aint that cheap up here either. Personaly I prefer the Carlton Coldies.

But you cant go past Cascade Premium or Hahn Premium

ShroudOfDusk said:
NT Draught aint that cheap up here either. Personaly I prefer the Carlton Coldies.

But you cant go past Cascade Premium or Hahn Premium
True about the Cascades..... well except for a pub I found in Melbourne on holidays called the St Arnou. It has it´s own microbrewery, and the best shit they got there on tap is "St Cloud"

My.

Fucking.

GOD!

*Drool*