favorite beer(S)

DSC00257.jpg

I had this beer when I was in Russia.. and didn't think it was very good.. Not bad for the price though :) Tried a bunch at the local store...

I'm just counting the days till Sam Adams Winter Lager becomes available...god I fucking love that beer.

I was about to try that (surprised they had it this early), but I was told to try the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.
My favorite beer is Highland's Oatmeal Porter. I also like Sam Adam's Black Lager and Dos Equis' Amber (with lime).
I also like some gey beers like Boulevard's Zon (tastes like firecrackers and sunshine according to my female friend) and Sweetwater Blue.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is indeed a good one, but my favorite of theirs is by far the Special London Ale. Man, I love a good bitter.

I was obsessed with trying new beers a few months ago, and I found a lot of great ones. For a daily-wear-and-tear beer, for me it's hard to beat Fuller's ESB and London Porter. For other occasions, I like Victory's V-Twelve a lot, and the Chimay Blue (Grande Reserve). Flying Dog makes a great barleywine called Horn Dog. Sam Adams's Imperial Pilsner has been a favorite of mine since the second time I had it (the first time was too much). Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is a classic of the style, and one of the best I've ever had. I like their Pale Ale, too. Terrapin Rye Pale Ale is a great beer. I've always liked the Duchess De Bourgogne - I forget the brewer's name right now, though. Man, it's been a while since I've had most of these. Being stuck out in the Middle East, the best I can do is Sam Adams Boston Lager and Summer Ale (both of which I like, so it's not that bad, but they get old after a while). They've started selling Franziskner, fortunately, but unfortunately it's not the dunkel, and even more regrettably, I've been bored with hefeweizens for a while now, so it doesn't hit the spot. Still, it's good, so I'll take it.

Now I'd better stop talking about beer, because I miss all the kinds I could get back in the U.S.

Guiness, Rothaus Tannenzäpfle, Ulrichsbier, Schimpf, Duvel... there is so much to drink and so little time.
But I can't stand dutch beer... in my opinion it's not tasty at all, it looks and tastes like piss. And the Mexican and Spanish brews are even worse...
Lucky to live in Germany.

I only drink homebrew now... my boyfriend makes it pretty good and I don't get such a bad hangover from it.

29643_1457367192801_1192007016_31340207_5808632_n.jpg

Europeans are spoilt for good beer so they can't understand why anyone would drink Heineken or Hoegaarden.. if you've ever tasted a cheap Aussie beer like Victoria Bitter, Carlton Draught or XXXX you'd understand why they think it's so great. Compared to that it is! :puke:

I drank a lot more beer in Europe than here. So much cheaper and nicer, no matter what you got. I wasn't joking about drinking 20 cent EXPORT cans. They were still better than typical Australian beers. :p

home brewing would be cool to try sometime :)

my current fav beers are a mix between belgian brutality (Chimay White, Chimay Blue), english ales (Fuller's ESB, Old Speckled Hen, Bishop's Finger, Spitfire) and some pussy lagers for the bbq (Carlsberg, Grolsch) :)

I have too many favorites now but ill list a few. My tastes have changed and i am getting into IPA's now.

Stone Ruination IPA
Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA
Goose Island IPA
O'Fallons Wheach (Peach Wheat)
Three Floyds Drunk Monk (Hefeweizen)
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
Tripel Karmeliet (Belgian)