Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

Thanks for visiting Metal Camp, man! I hope you had a great time. The 'Pivo' beer is actually from the shop-chain 'Mercator', so it's actually 'Mercator pivo' or 'Mercator beer':) As for Zlatorog (lit. Goldhorn), it ain't bad, but I usually go for other slovenian beers myself.:) Anyway again, hope you had a great time at Metal Camp! Make sure you visit our beautiful Slovenia again in the future!:)

Of course I had a great time, it's my favourite festival at the moment. I was there last year, this year, and I'm definitly going next year! A bit sad :cry: that I didn't go when Vintersorg was playing there, one of my great mistakes I suppose...
Anyway, in the spirit of the actual topic, what other beers would you recommend? I had a stock of Zlatorogs with me home, but sadly I had the last one last week...

I've been really sick of most alcohol recently. Only thing I can tolerate is Sweet Red Wine and Desperados... and they're pussy's drinks. Although I did bring back a few bottles of "La Trappe" from The Netherlands and I'm finding it delicious.

I must ask, do you guys have any recommendations for me? Nothing too bitter but nothing too sickly (cider etc.). I find Pubs in England have a shitty variety of alcohol so I've stopped going to most minus one small obscure bar in the City that sells a lot of imports. <3

haha, what a thread....

two fine beers from the german Bischoff brewery (south-west germany):
Kellerbier + Donnersberger.

also nice: the danish bjørne-brygg.

but im not a beer-fan, i prefer a good wine (Pfalz, Rhein, Mosel)
in my coffee i need lots of sugar and milk.

cheers!

I've been drinking random swedish ciders lately. I like them, but I bet the Swedish probably think they suck :lol:

OKTOBERFEST has finally arrived!
Germanic music, women, and the most important: BEER!!! :kickass:
AH! Can’t wait for this! I’m heading to it in a few hours!
I will be singing Korpiklaani’s songs like “BEER BEER” and “Happy Little Boozer as original soundtrack!”
:D

what do you mean 'finally arrived'?:D It ended almost 2 weeks ago:) Or do you guys have your own 'oktoberfest' thing?:)

Well, I don't know, I just know that here it starts today and ends just in the end of the month :D
It may be our own Oktoberfest, but it was brought by German influences! I don't know if there is a traditional time to start it :)

But any way... AAHHH!!! BEER BEER!! :kickass:
Tomorrow I'm coming back home, really drunk! :lol:

what do you mean 'finally arrived'?:D It ended almost 2 weeks ago:) Or do you guys have your own 'oktoberfest' thing?:)

They have! In Blumenau, kind of a German "enclave", there every year Oktoberfest takes place. It's the 2nd biggest festival in South America apart from Carnival.

Funny enough we have Karneval aswell in the Rheinland (Rhineland: Düsseldorf, Köln, Mainz) ;)

They have! In Blumenau, kind of a German "enclave", there every year Oktoberfest takes place. It's the 2nd biggest festival in South America apart from Carnival.

Funny enough we have Karneval aswell in the Rheinland (Rhineland: Düsseldorf, Köln, Mainz) ;)

Wow! I didn´t know that it was the 2nd biggest festival in South America :guh:
Nice :D
Any way, carnival sucks! Don't you ever come to Brazil to go to carnival festivals.

Ok, Now it is 11:30 pm and I must go to OKTOBERFEST :kickass:

OKTOBERFEST has finally arrived!
Germanic music, women, and the most important: BEER!!! :kickass:
AH! Can’t wait for this! I’m heading to it in a few hours!
I will be singing Korpiklaani’s songs like “BEER BEER” and “Happy Little Boozer as original soundtrack!”
:D

You read my mind!! This friday is beerfest/ october fest!! Best month of the year ever! :kickass: