OeTTINGER Beer

AussieTerry84

\m/ Scanner Scrag \m/
Jun 22, 2008
I had a quick skim of the beer thread on here cause i've only just got the taste for it, anyway i notice alot of talk about OeTTINGER beer and how good it is but also that its expensive, well just wanted to let you know i picked up a stubby tonight to try and the 6 pack is only $11.65 or something when someone was saying in the thread that it sells for $20 normally or something like that :kickass:

new. beer. discussion....KICK ARSE :Smokin:

ahh i see lol all i remember is someone saying "fuck paying $20 for beer" oh jeez no im gonna have to look it up so it doesnt rack my brain :lol:

i've never seen the monty python one where do you find it at? would safeway liquor have it?

n yeah you were right Blitz :D

i bought a Stella and also a Peroni 2nite, probably just have the Peroni 2nite n the stella 2moro after work.

wow the peroni went down incredibly smooth!

what other beer should i check out? pref thats at safeway liquor cause that's where i shop :D

k tonight after work i picked up a bottle of Beez Neez and a bottle of Carlton Dry, Safeway liquor dont have Monty Pyhton Holy Ale :( or Amstel or VB Original Ale :(

Yeah it was me who mentioned the Oettinger, being the best value beer on the market at the moment at $26-$32 a slab depending on the week you buy it, while far inferior tasting beers like Carlton, VB & Melbourne Bitter actually cost more! Still buying Oettinger regularly! Though if it is about $32 and there's another good import I like on special for under $40 I'll often get that instead as a nice change!

My favourite beers are:
Dommelsch (Holland)
Heineken (Holland)
Sol (Mexico)
Peroni (Italy)
Coors (USA)

Though as long as Oettinger is around $30 a slab that'll be my regular purchase for good beer at great value :)

Amstel I actually can't stand, the worst of the Dutch beers I've tried by far (and my 2 favourite beers are Dutch). I've only had it once, which was actually in Amsterdam itself (in a restaurant where it was the only beer on the menu). It has a bit of a sweet taste which I don't really go for in a beer, same reason Beez Neez isn't really for me either.

as crazy as this sounds atm as im new to beer and have been trying ALL sorts of different kinds i've come to a conclusion...................THAT I FUCKING LOVE MELBOURNE BITTER :D!

seriously out of all the beers i've tried so far (peroni, corona, stella, carlton draught, oettinger, beez neez, tooheys dry, carlton dry, etc) Melbourne Bitter is my absolute favourite! :D

I agree with Trixxi, OeTTINGER is top value compared to price of the local crap. I can't believe a carton of VB is $45. what a joke!

as crazy as this sounds atm as im new to beer and have been trying ALL sorts of different kinds i've come to a conclusion...................THAT I FUCKING LOVE MELBOURNE BITTER :D!

seriously out of all the beers i've tried so far (peroni, corona, stella, carlton draught, oettinger, beez neez, tooheys dry, carlton dry, etc) Melbourne Bitter is my absolute favourite! :D
Sorry Tez, but you just lost all credablility in this thread. I had a Melbourne last night at the Hi Fi, and it just reminded me of how shit it is.

That is odd Trent as I really like Heineken as well but just love Amstel.

Sol isn't bad, but I prefer Corona to it. One beer that is similar again, that I prefer to both and is cheaper than both, is Cantina which is from El Salvador. Awesome beer.

Maybe the Amstel I had was a weird variation of it or something, I did pick it off a menu written in Dutch and couldn't understand anything written on it! Haha. I might give it another try if I see it around! While on the topic of Dutch beers, I went to Safeway Liquor to buy a slab of beer yesterday and actually picked up a slab of Amsterdam Mariner Lager for $29.90 just to try something different and also super cheap. Pretty good, and again excellent value for money. Not quite a Heineken or Dommelsh still, but a pretty smooth premium beer for cheaper than the 'cheap' beers.

Sol & Corona are very similar, I love both but Sol wins for me by only a little bit. Especially if I don't have a lemon or lime to put in it, I'd have to give it to Sol, Corona relies on needing it more I think. I definitely wanna try Cantina though, haven't tried that!!

As far as Melbourne Bitter goes, the only time I ever drink that (and this goes with everybody I know as well) is when it's free in our band rider at gigs. And when I do drink it, all it really does is remind me why I would never buy it.

Overseas I drank alot of Fosters Lager as it was so common on tap, and that is a far better Australian beer, however it tastes way different than I remember it being when I bought it back here before it pretty much got discontinued locally and became export-only. Don't know if that's just my tastes being different now, or if the export version is different to our old local version (which I know is the case sometimes with beers).