Beer discussion thread

SunMontage said:
Did anyone try Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter? Created in memory of the late great Hunter S. Thompson.... 9.5%

http://www.flyingdogales.com/beer-gonzo-porter.asp

holy shit!!! i need to try this. whats it taste like? i wonder if its sold in stores around here. thank you sir.

so many memories. fear and loathing is so awesome.

mov1_rev.jpg

Edit: 95$ a bottle. oh...i... think i just got punched in the heart. im gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

Back in August I was on "Party.San-OpenAir" in Bad Berka. For those who don't know wtf I'm talking about: Bad Berka is a small town in eastern Germany, close to Weimar where one thes Concentration Camps was. Nevertheless this PSOA is a great festival for everybody who likes Black & Death Metal and Grindcore. Maybe you have heard the name from the tourdates or so...
I drank a bear called "FAXE" from Denmark. It's in a 0,56 litre bottle and tastest very well. The funny thing is the head of a viking painted on the label of the bottle. If you have the opportunity to taste it: just do it. It won't let you down!

th-den-faxe-premium.jpg

P.S.: Party.San kicks ASS! :headbang:

Yeah Faxe is a great brewery. In italy they sell alot of Ceres, quite standard for shops there - at least in the north, which is another brewery from Denamrk. IT's hard to find even in Denamrk, but maybe it's from Jylland or something. Anyway they have one called Strong Ale which is really really good, and i think its about 6% too.

I just remembered my bad-beer-experience in austria. I was in Vienna due to our "Kursfahrt" (vacation with the German intensive course) in grade 13. Every afternoon we went to "Billa" :p , an austrian super-market and bought beer. At the first day I bought several cans of beer, among them one called "Ottakringer" and "Ottakringer Radler" with lemon. I tried it but it tasted awful :ill: I never thought that Austrian beer would taste so bad...due to the fact that we had no other beer wich was drinkable we kept on buying it...and drinking it, too. ;) After a certain percentage (!) of blood-alcohol you don't care how the beer tastes. Sadly they simple have no shop were you can buy Met in Vienna :erk: . If you ever go there please buy just one of the cans and taste it. The "Ottakringer Radler" is relatively drinkable but the "Ottakringer Pils" - no way. Maybe its just because I am accustomed to german beers - sorry folks from Austria!

ottakringer.jpg
prod_ott_radler.jpg

It is funny that all the out of country intensive course always turn into a beer drinking binge ... I myself have ahd similar experiences in Portugal with school exchange where we were all drinking Sagres and Super Bock at 8 am at the bar in front of the school.
Beer as I have said before is the only beverage that unites the tribes.

Celtik Militia said:
hmm i didnt mean to break this thread with that ^... sorry :(

Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world
Painful to me
Pierce right through me
Can’t you understand
Oh my little girl

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in... my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Well, here is my favorite beer König Pilsener:
23905.jpg

I think it's the best beer ever produced in Germany, because of it's strong taste.
And the price is... well it's ok... ^^
This weekend SchultØr and me will be drinking at least one box of it(I don't know how to say "Kasten-Bier" in English :cry: ), with our friends of our new metal-club. :)

hey Belgar, what can you tell me about Dulle Teve or Delirium Tremens? I hear about these Belgians beers that are supposedly kick ass that I really want to try. What do you recommend? I kind of like fruity stuff- maybe lindemans? I wanted to ask you about a couple but I was too embarrased because I cant pronounce any of them. sorry if this is the stupidest thing anyone ever asked you.

Feraliminal Lycanthropizer said:
Where do you live? My state(FL) isnt on the list of places it can be shipped, unless you bought it at a local liquor store. which would be great.

I live in WI and bought it at a very large independent grocery store. Have your local liquor barn order it for you...

Feraliminal Lycanthropizer said:
hey Belgar, what can you tell me about Dulle Teve or Delirium Tremens? I hear about these Belgians beers that are supposedly kick ass that I really want to try. What do you recommend? I kind of like fruity stuff- maybe lindemans? I wanted to ask you about a couple but I was too embarrased because I cant pronounce any of them. sorry if this is the stupidest thing anyone ever asked you.

The Delirium is quite good ... or even the seasonal Xmas Delirium ... it's not as strong as the elephant on the bottle would suggest (around 8.5%).
I think here, they only sell the 75cl bottles and I prefer to buy the 33cl.

For the fruity beer, the best is made by Lindemans brewery http://www.lindemans.be/html-uk/UKgeschiedenis.html in an age old process (you drink the beer and can already smell the fruit flavor and it has a rich fruit color) you can get the Kriek (cherry in dutch) or the Raspberry, or Apricot ... I think only the cherry one is available in the US. Stay away from the Belle-Vue kriek which is mass produced by Unibrew and taste like shit.

Beer is really an acquired taste when it comes to special beers ... one might love it while the other might prefer a totally different style.

Belgar said:
Beer is really an acquired taste when it comes to special beers ... one might love it while the other might prefer a totally different style.

i havent really seen anyone ever turn down a belgian and there are people that drink it exclusively, so im getting really curious now. kind of like when you first taste semen. ill probably turn into some big snob if i get good at it. thanks.

Gotta drink em' all!