Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Yep, finally, the thread you have ALL been waiting for! A thread about...

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: BEER:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Talk about beers from your corner of the world, beers you tasted and liked, beers you tasted and hated. You've been to Oktoberfest or any other beer fest? Tell us about it!! Anything and everything related to this blessing upon mankind that is beer as its home right here!!

Oh and if you dont like beer at all, you're still welcome here, we need targets for our dart games, always more fun to have a live one! :lol:

My two cents to start it up:

I've been to the Mondial de la Bière yesterday, big beer fest here in Montreal, I went there with a few friends, we were two walking around with our DRINKING HORN, genuine bull horn! We had a few tourists taking pictures with us because we had those horns, was pretty awesome! lol

Tasted some amazing beers, mostly dark coffee/chocolate/smoke ones -- I'm a dark beer lover. It kicked serious asses! :kickass:

I even got to taste the old gaulish beer-analogue, in french we call it "Cervoise", not sure what the english name is. Its what Asterix drinks in the comic books. Its amazingly good! And I tasted some maple-based alcohol -- as some of you may know, Canada, and more specifically Quebec, is reputed for its Maple Syrup and other Maple derivate products : maple sugar, maple butter, maple **put random food name here**, and now, maple alcohol! It was so good I bought a whole bottle. :D

SO, lets talk about BEER everyone :kickass:

They sell those drinking horns at basically every metal festival in Europe. Pretty niffty though. I've got a blow horn that's like 30 years old, it pretty kick ass! Hardly works anymore, needs to be cleaned out.

Even the with amount of beer I drink....and being Irish as I know someone will point out, I still haven't been to a beer festival :cry:

coffee and tea does indeed taste horrible...but tea and some scotch mmm yum
I knew it wouldn't work out for me from the start since I don't like tea, but my friend who equally loves both drank it, thought it was great....then drank a bit more and almost got sick. Needless to say I was laughing pretty damn hard!

chocolate and coffee beer...I wonder what that tastes like

I'm an Irish beer person myself, mostly guinness kilkenny and murphy's

Murphy's Irish Stout has some fairly noticeable coffee and chocolate notes in it, and guiness also although those tastes are much weaker. You just have to know what to look for when you have the beer in your mouth.

Most "Imperial Stout" type beers, the thick dark creamy ones with a rich beige/brown head, will have coffee and chocolate notes in them. Y'know, the kind of beer you can stand a fork in. :lol: :kickass:

Ah, finally a subject that I can identify with... :kickass:

When me and some friends travelled through Europe a couple of years ago, we drank as many local beers as possible in each country and graded them all on a scale from 0-10. Unfourtunatley, I don't have the list here. But I remember that Croatia and Hungary had the best beers overall and that the cheapest beer of them all was found in Slovakia.

In the world of beers, I really enjoy European beer overall. The few American beers (water?) I've tasted were a complete joke, although I prefer light beer. Some Swedish beers that are worthy of mention is Mariestads and, of course, Norrlands Guld - the best shit I've ever tasted.

But in two days, Sweden Rock Festival starts and for that purpose - nothing is better than Captain Morgan rum with Coke... :headbang:

The few American beers (water?) I've tasted were a complete joke

You have to try Quebec beers, we have some amazing microbreweries here, the best known of them being Unibroue.

http://www.unibroue.com/

great stuff, my favorite is the Trois-Pistoles.

Of course if you go thinking of Labatt and Molson, you get the lower-grade commercial beers, which I have to say, are far from good. But I think I can safely say that on the microbrewery side, Quebec is on the same level as Belgium, Czeck Republic, Germany, etc.

Ah, finally a subject that I can identify with... :kickass:

When me and some friends travelled through Europe a couple of years ago, we drank as many local beers as possible in each country and graded them all on a scale from 0-10. Unfourtunatley, I don't have the list here. But I remember that Croatia and Hungary had the best beers overall and that the cheapest beer of them all was found in Slovakia.

the bratislava scene in "Eurotrip" lol

We're talking about beer... and noone mentions TANKARD?!?!?! Come on guys! One of the best thing in life it's drinking an icy beer while listening to Tankard! WILD BEER METAL!!! :kickass::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

When I drink I usually drink a danish beer called Tuborg. Just too bad that in Norway alchohol costs more than a truck full of human bodies would cost in any other country.

Norrlands Guld - the best shit I've ever tasted.

i bought it at IKEA, i could not resist reading the name Norrland....
but :puke:
i bought also another swedish one, old gold, but it wasn't good either....i hope i found the two worst swedish beers, if not :erk:

When I drink I usually drink a danish beer called Tuborg. Just too bad that in Norway alchohol costs more than a truck full of human bodies would cost in any other country.

I love tuborg especially red...I always have it in parties and bbq's etc

BEER! :kickass:

I live in Germany, the country with most different kinds of beer! :)
In general I like the following sorts:
Alt, Schwarzbier, Wheat beer (dark and bright), Lager
I don't like:
Pilsener, Kölsch, Export

"Alt" is the beer drunken in and around the region of my hometown Düsseldorf. It's brownish and tastes mainly like Ale, kind of bitter but very delicious! :)
Too bad, the best ones (Uerige, Schumacher, Füchschen) are so expensive, so when I'm out to party me and other persons drink the cheaper ones like Diebels, Frankenheim or Schlösser.

I was in the Czech Republic two weeks ago and tasted some of the most delicious beer in the world! They are kinda like wheat beer and but not that sweet. The best ones were Gambrinus, Svijany and Zlatý Bažant :)

I also like Norrlands guld and some Finnish beers like Lappin kulta and Karhu, and Czech beers like Staropramen. Darker beers are very yummy too, but too food-ish to drink enough of to get drunk.

Only American beers I've tasted are Budweiser and Corona (Mexico is a part of the Americas). Wouldn't say they taste bad - water tastes good! - but they sure as hell don't taste beer.

But anyways I usually go for the cheapest beer because I don't have overly much money to spend, and it gets you drunk just as good. I'm not very much of a gourmet... :kickass: