OeTTINGER Beer

Almost everything CUB produce is shit. Their Original Ale is good though.

I've come to the conclusion that Beez Neez is pretty shit. I've tried it a few different times now, but it still doesn't impress me. It's all very well using honey as an ingredient, but a bit of flavour wouldn't have gone astray.

I have a mate that lives on Amsterdam Mariner. Drinkable, but I don't really like the stuff that much.

I agree about CUB. They suck.

This week I have had Little Creatures Bright Ale and Coopers Pale Ale on tap from a couple of different pubs, both of which were very delightful.

On a pub crawl a couple of weeks back I tried Blue Tounge Lager which a friend of mine raves about. Very decent beer, but wouldn't go out of my way for it again.

Sol & Corona are very similar, I love both but Sol wins for me by only a little bit. Especially if I don't have a lemon or lime to put in it, I'd have to give it to Sol, Corona relies on needing it more I think.
I actually agree with this. Another reason I prefer Cantina, as although I still drink it with lemon, it relies on it less than the other 2.
As far as Melbourne Bitter goes, the only time I ever drink that (and this goes with everybody I know as well) is when it's free in our band rider at gigs. And when I do drink it, all it really does is remind me why I would never buy it.
This is the only reason I had one, and thought the same thing.

I've come to the conclusion that Beez Neez is pretty shit. I've tried it a few different times now, but it still doesn't impress me. It's all very well using honey as an ingredient, but a bit of flavour wouldn't have gone astray.
I think I already posted this in another thread on here but you should try Beez Neez warm. I like it cold but, as much as I feel like a heathen for saying this, at room temperature it really comes into its own.

I was quite getting into the warm ales in England :)
Though most beers I think need to be ice cold!

I noticed that the places that sell ales on tap here (like Elephant & Wheelbarrow pubs and stuff) service them alot colder than they served them in England, knowing that alot of Australians' would likely spit it out if it was warm not being used to that!

What you say about Beez Neez makes some sense, Ferret. Lagers need to be served cold, but most decent ales need to be less chilled so you can actually taste the flavour. I find that ales in England aren't warm as such, but aren't just a couple of degrees above freezing.

I actually agree with this. Another reason I prefer Cantina, as although I still drink it with lemon, it relies on it less than the other 2.

This is the only reason I had one, and thought the same thing.

Its not bad for a summer time beer and if I've got the lemon and not in a rush I'll still add lemon too:kickass:

just wanted to let u know that Redback Wheat beer done by the same guys behind Beez Neez beer is utter SHITE its after taste is incredibly FOUL

I like wheat beer. Redback is ok, but not one of the best. I have a Redback Crystal in the fridge that I am yet to try, will let you know how it goes.

I tried OeTTINGER the other night for the first time, and I agree that it is good value. Not really to my taste, but I could drink it. I am not a fan of pils, but it was probably the best pils I have had.

A word of warning, the new Peroni low carb beer that came out a week or so ago is actually a mid strength, so don't go buying it expecting otherwise like most people have been.

After a short stint in Tasmania, Cascade Stout has taken the throne as my all time favourite beer. Their other beers are surprisingly top notch too and how mobs like Moo Brew aren't dominating the mainland is a mystery to me.

Fuck Germany. Tasmania is a winner.

:headbang: Cascade Stout is great!

I think Moo Brew's been concentrating on the Tasmanian market - it's still pretty new. It's not the cheapest, but I like it.

A friend and I stumbled across this place and had a couple of beers before Death Angel/Armored Saint the other night. Killer bar.

www.europeanbiercafe.com.au

20 beers and 1 cider on tap, with many others on the menu. I had a Hoegaarden and an Erdinger as I am a fan of both, but have had neither on tap before. Awesome stuff. The $12 parma (which they do on Wed nights) was killer as well. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a drinking hole in Melb city anytime!

I went there for dinner a few weeks ago. Good stuff. I was just drinking the $3.50 Stellas during their happy hour.

Bought a slab of Oettinger for $30 in Moe the other day, with this thread in mind! It's a pretty good beer, especially for that bargain price. I daresay it won't be the last time I get it.

I bought some Becks and Stones Ginger Beer yesterday as we were throwing them out at work half price. Win.

I tried the new Carlton Dry Lemon Fusion a couple of weeks ago. Likely the best Carlton beer I have had, which doesn't mean it was great, but it was pretty not bad. I also had a Speckled Hen the same night, a pretty nice English Ale. Speaking of English Ale's, the other week I had a Honey Dew, which was delicious.

I had a few Cascade Pale ales at the Basement on Friday, nite. It did'NT agree with my bum the next day, but ALL good by 5.30 when Iwas in the CARLTON Hotel in Goulburn drinking Toohey's NEW , with Sanj & ralphe, and later at the Tattersals with LORD unplugged ...