Beer discussion thread

Feb 15, 2004
Prussia
en.wikipedia.org
Someone said something about having a beer, and I became very thirsty for one. Since the Now Drinking thread seems to be gone, I thoght we could have a little beer discussion thread, which may perhaps evolve into a general alcohol thread - who knows? So maybey someone could just start off by stating heir favourite beer and why, or a new beer they tried or something and we'll let the chips fall where the may...

The best beer in the world comes definitely from the Bavarian Forest!!!!!

The small beer brewereys (hmm i don't know how its called in english) FALTER (from Regen), PFEFFER (from Zwiesel) and STANGL (from Klingenbrunn) have the best beer i know...

True,old bavarian Beer, not that shit from the big ones who only want make money (Krombacher,Carlsberg,Becks etc.)

Yeah the good old bavarian beer.....but my fav is a brewerey called FARNY.
Very aromatic and refreshing beer.

Kristallweizen-leicht.jpg

My beer of choice these days is Yuengling, but when I was in Germany last summer I tried many different beers...and they were all amazing. One bottle that I still have and remember the name of is LowenWeisse? I was staying with family and tried so many different ones.

Do you think of this one here?
loe20030923_weisse_vorschau.jpg

I don't know that beer.....In wich german region did you tried that beer?
And I hope that it was not in south Germany....that would be a blame for me!

Hands down best beer I've ever had, from the best brewery I've come across, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, 10.8% alc, pours thick as motor oil. I try just about everything I come across, and I even do blind taste tests with beers of the same style, this one is the keeper. Stone brews a bunch of huge, high alc concoctions, and they just set a record for highest alchohol content in an ale, the Monolith, at 27.3%, haven't tried that one, yet...

Golden Hall said:
Hands down best beer I've ever had, from the best brewery I've come across, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, 10.8% alc, pours thick as motor oil. I try just about everything I come across, and I even do blind taste tests with beers of the same style, this one is the keeper. Stone brews a bunch of huge, high alc concoctions, and they just set a record for highest alchohol content in an ale, the Monolith, at 27.3%, haven't tried that one, yet...

Imperial RUSSIAN stout? hmmm :OMG:

My favorite come from Czech!
and the number ones for me is:

etikety_predni_hradebni_tm.jpg

and

etikety_predni_otakar.jpg

both dark and white

The Rothaus on emust have the ugliest bottle ever... my mother's favourite....
Id like to try that 27% ale, though I dont think it's going to taste good. The strongest beer I had was probably I think it was called SantaClaus or something, and it was 14% i think, but I cant remember what it tasted like hehe...

@Ivan: actually the Imperial Russian Stout is English, first brewed in the 1800's in honor of a visit from the Russian royalty, or so the story goes.