Beer discussion thread

smithwicks.gif

Ale for me. I love my Smithwicks.

Thrymfal said:
@Ivan: actually the Imperial Russian Stout is English, first brewed in the 1800's in honor of a visit from the Russian royalty, or so the story goes.

The story I heard is that it was brewed for export from England to the Russian Imperial Court, and it was brewed the way it was to survive the voyage without going bad

Golden Hall said:
The story I heard is that it was brewed for export from England to the Russian Imperial Court, and it was brewed the way it was to survive the voyage without going bad

I know that's why the India Pale Ale is stronger, so it could survive the trip to India, but I'm fairly sure the Russians came to England, either way though English beer.

Hm... difficult. But I think at the moment I enjoy drinking Douglas Scotch Ale. After you shoot a few of them you know what you've done.

ok.. american beer sucks.. that's just a fact that we have to deal with.. and ok you might get angry or something.. but let me tell you this.. taste a german bavarian beer and you know what I'm talking about.. not Beck's which is north of germany ^^ but south.. hmmm.. ^^ so enough to that discussion :D

as far as macro beer, you're absolutely right, but, the american Micro/Craft breweries turn out the best beer, the only problem is you have to actually know about it to get it.

ok.. i don't like how you can't log on anymore.. so i guess.. well.. anyways..

i love that site of beer listed.. interessting how they really list every single little brewery..even the smallest one ^^

Yes, a very good site indeed.
I don't know much about american beer, except that Budweiser tastes like mineral water, but I'm sure there are some good breweries there. I had a beer from the brooklyn brewery once which I liked very much.

Aha...nice to see that I'm not the only Barbar beer lover out here...anyway, West-Vleteren has been called the best beer. A cousin of my mother is a monk there ( no kidding!!!) and whenever she goes on a visit ( not that often ), she gets a full box of beer ( the kind that is not put on sale ).

But I don't like that beer...shame on me, I know!!

I never tried these weird belgian beers wixh they put on wine bottles like Chimay etc. I once read the ingreedients and they certainly did not qualify by the german race - eh I mean beer purity laws. t' stuffs got sugar and whatnot in it. How are they?

favourite beers:

1. Grimbergen (belgian)
2. Leffe (also belgian)
3. Duvel (fuck... again belgian)

but when i going to drink lots of beer, GROLSCH is one of the best!

hello everybody! this is my first post in this forum...
becks_gold.jpg

not really "viking"... anyway i like it a lot. but you can find it only in germany.​