The official "Beer" thread

i've just tried some German beers the other day that one of my friends brought from there, and i tried some Weinze [i don't know if it is spelled correctly]..

it was really good, it has some red-browny colour and has a pretty unique taste..

anyone who tried it?

I like alot of great brews but the ones i find myself buying the most are the Samual Adams Boston Lager also their seasonal brews which is the Winter Lager this season and it happnes to be my favorite or Yuengling's Tradtional Lager.:kickass:

Heiniken gives me a headache..
I like that beer with a cherry flavor hmm!
Sometimes I even mix my Hertog Jan with Coebergh! Hehe but thats just my weird drinking habbits ...
I have a weakness for all alcohol that is bad... The real sweet stuff , I like!
Oh man if I think about all the times I spent half my night in some shady toilet...:puke:
regretting everything I drank (and did) that night...or the next morning...
Man thats bad!!! When u really have to vomit every 5 minutes and you cant hold in even the slightest drop of water!

I`ve drank about 6 pints of heineken tonight. but it was such a bad night out, that I had to leave............... geddit. Leave early that is.

Back to the Guinness and Jagermeister next time i`m out.

Alot of beer is good for me, even though I'm not a heavy drinker really. At a party, it'll most-likely be me least-likely to have a hangover the next day.

But anyway, my choices are;

Hobgoblin Beer (wychwood brewery)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/HobgoblinBeer.jpg/450px-HobgoblinBeer.jpg
There's something about the design of the bottle that grabbed a hold of me, and at about $5-6 a bottle, I had to know what it taste like. And it just so happened to turn out that i loved it.

Heineken's are one of my all-time faves as well as Corona, Grolsch, Lezaysk and Wyciec (Polish beer is fucking amazing!)

Newcastle's been a long standing favorite of mine.

Mackeson Triple Stout is fucking delicious. I love this stuff.

Franziskaner Dark is really, really good.

Schwarz has grown on me a lot. REALLY tasty, black beer.

Sam Adams has some good stuff, like the Boston Lager and especially the Brown Ale.

Yuengling Porter is fantastic.

As Alcapoth said, Hobgoblin is really good.

You can probably tell, I go mostly for dark beers. Sam Adams' Boston Lager and Hoegaarden are about the only exceptions I make, but I'm trying to branch out and give more types of beer a shot. I steadfastly refuse to drink Budweiser, Miller, etc. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Most anything from Boston Beer Company. Samuel Adams Lager, Boston Ale and when I can get it the Cream Stout and Spring Ale. Definltly love this beer.
North Coast Brewery beers - Red Seal and the Golden Pilsner one. Tough to find, only know a couple of places that sell it. The stout I plan to get next. Nothing beats Red Seal on tap..wow
Full Sail - The amber and pale ale. Discovered this Oregon based beer when I lived in Portland in 96. Now it's started to get some recognition in liquor stores and a major grocery store is carrying it.

I can go for stouts and porters, light lagers, pales and pilsners but mostly I enjoy ales and ambers.

First i hate popular beers such as becks,heineken or jupiler.Chimay is the number one for me.I like Bittburger and Duwel.I love Kölsch beer.I hate Tuborg and Weissbeer.Even urine tastes better than them.
And of course;
I worship Efes!Too bad that we havent got Efes in here,only in Oslo its possible to find it through.

I have tried Chimay Red and Chimay Blue tonight! they were so fuckinggood!!!:kickass:
tonight I went to a new pub with my friends. this pub was so good, there has a lot of imported ales which are I never tried and never seen in Hong Kong at the past

tonight I tried, Chimay Blue, Chimay Red, London Pride, EBS champion Ale, Organic honey dew, black sheep ale.

London pride and chimay red served me best. especially London Pride, the strong after taste was very very nice.:kickass:

well yes, another drunk night with my best lads :)

YOU CAN SAY EVERYTHING

you can try to persuade me

but you will fail...

in my life there are only Polish Beers 'cause they are really the best....of corse for me... Królewskie, Żywiec, Lech, Tyskie

YOU CAN SAY EVERYTHING

you can try to persuade me

but you will fail...

in my life there are only Polish Beers 'cause they are really the best....of corse for me... Królewskie, Żywiec, Lech, Tyskie

Unless you try other beers there's no way you can know for sure...

budweiser, stella artois, kopparberg and jagermeister

and does any one like Aventinus, in Belfast (the city near me) they had a continental market there over christmas and there was a german beer tent so me and my mates were in there everyday drinkin bittburger and jager, but i tried aventinus and honestly, its rough as hell...

I would say dark Velkopopovický Kozel is absolutely the best dark beer. Enjoy chilled from glass. Velkopopovický Kozel
Light one is harder. Pilsner Urguell is one of the best ones but there are lot of smaller breweries in CZ which brew really tasty beer like Litovel and so on. Stella Artois is also one of my favourite. I like the tasty ones, not German pilsner. Na zravi.