Your Favorite Beer/Mixed Drink/Shot Thread

Im a beer fanatic.

As far as spirits, NOTHING beats a fine single malt scotch or even a good bourbon ie anything in the Van Winkle series.

My favorite Single Malts are Lagavulin 16yr & Highland Park 12yr.

In the coming weeks, Im going to buy a bottle of the Talisker 18yr and Caol Ila 12yr. Both of which I have yet to try. The Talisker 18yr was voted the best single malt in the world last year so we shall see. I just wish I could find a good bar which has this stuff on hand. It would still be expensive, but not as much as blindly buying a fucking $80 bottle.
I found a bottle of Caol Ila 12 for $20(!) in town. It was certainly worth that price, and it's probably a worthy buy for less than $50. It compares pretty favorably to Laphroaig. It is a bit less overwhelming. Smoked green olives are pretty prominent in the flavor. None of the iodine flavor that gets in the way in Laphroaig. It's a good drink, but don't expect it to come close to Lagavulin 16. Then again, it will be about half the price.

I can't wait to try Talisker 18. Talisker 10 is my favorite "affordable" single malt. Talisker 18 is actually pretty reasonably priced for how good the quality is supposed to be. Never seen it at a bar. I have seen Caol Ila 12 at bars that carry the full line of Diageo's Classic Malts.

Long Islands are actually pretty economical when out at many bars.

I find tequila, Patron in particular, really overrated when compared to good whisky. Paying premium prices for something meant for shots seems pretty silly to me. Might as well save your money on such things. Patron seems a perfect example of conspicuous consumption. It doesn't have too much merit beyond the name. It's not terrible, but should be about half the price.

That's what I'm saying, it's way too fucking expensive. Sometimes I'll just get house tequila though.

I got a couple of shots of Patron when I was out a week back. I was just in a local little bar where they have $7 buckets & what not. I didn't ask what the cost was before buying & it was $10 a shot. I'm used to hearing about $6 I think. Whatever the case it's too damn expensive.

I don't like to start off with any other liquor straight except rum.

That's what I'm saying, it's way too fucking expensive. Sometimes I'll just get house tequila though.

I got a couple of shots of Patron when I was out a week back. I was just in a local little bar where they have $7 buckets & what not. I didn't ask what the cost was before buying & it was $10 a shot. I'm used to hearing about $6 I think. Whatever the case it's too damn expensive.

I don't like to start off with any other liquor straight except rum.

Just fucking drink rum!

So I picked up some microbrews for the weekend. Got the following:

Lost Coast Brewery Eight-Ball Stout
Lost Coast Brewery Downtown Brown
Lost Coast Brewery Alleycat Amber Ale
Rogue American Amber Ale
Rogue Santa's Private Reserve Ale
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Fuller's ESB
Brooklyn Lager
North Coast Brewing Co. Rasputin Imperial Stout
Bell's Cherry Stout
The Shipyard Blue Fin Stout
Gulden Draak Ale

I haven't gotten microbrews in a long time. I'm excited.

It's been awhile since we've had an alcohol thread so why not create another one. Post your favorite drinks and chat away:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Mine?
Beer: Dos Equis (Imported Mexican Beer)
Mixed Drink: Crown Royal & Cherry Coke
Shot: Southern Comfort(SO-CO) & Lime
Wow have my tastes changed.

Beer: Sam Adams White Ale (seasonal) unfortunately:mad:
Mixed Drink: Grey Goose Vodka/Tonic w/ lime
Shot: Vegas Bomb (Red Bull,Crown Royal,Malibu,Peach Schnapps)