Your Favorite Beer/Mixed Drink/Shot Thread

Harp is just a run-of-the-mill lager. Nothing special at all. People who think Guinness is really heavy are probably not familiar with beers besides macro-lagers. Guinness is also only 4.1% abv, and has something like 110 calories, which is not a lot, so the perception of it as heavy, boozy beer is way off.

There are too many great beers for me to list them all. Some of my favorite brewers are Chimay, Ommegang, St. Bernardus, Goose Island, Samuel Smith's, and just about anything Belgian. I like dark, fruity ales, stouts, hefeweizens, and tripels best, although there are great beers in every style (except maybe macro- and euro-lagers).

As for mixed drinks, I prefer whisky based ones. Decent whisky mixes well with 7 Up and ginger ale, while bad stuff is better with a cola that masks the flavor. I also like to experiment and make my own stuff. I like using Kahlua as a base.

I don't really do shots ever. Liquor is meant to be enjoyed, not just slammed down your throat. And if it's so bad, buy something better! Too many people drink bottom shelf trash rather than pay two or three dollars more for something palatable. Scotch is my favorite liquor. Talisker 10, Caol Ila 12, Glenlivet 15, Glenfarclas 17, Laphroiag 12 are some of the good ones I've had. I can't afford to delve into the high end stuff.

I don't know, ask him.
naturalice.jpg

Natural Ice... PFFFFFTT.

1) You obviously didn't get the implied joke

2) I already drink Natural Light (among other things) because I am a cheap bastard and don't care.

I only drink beer and wine. In large quantities, it takes rather a lot to get me drunk.

Spirits, for some reason, get me really hammered really fast, but it is rarely pleasant and I usually just fall asleep in a corner and wake up with a raging hangover that lasts all day. Not fun.

Love red wine, I can drink it all night and not have anything worse than a dull headache the next day. Great stuff. I'm the only person I know who actually likes to drink it in any quantity, however, and the only person who actually LIKES the cheap (£3.00 for a bottle, nice value) shit they sell in tescos, sainsburys, etc.
It honestly isn't that bad after a third of a bottle.

I forgot to list the mighty Bloody Mary in the mixed drink part of my post. One of my favorite mixed drinks for sure.

Yeah, it's just impossible to go wrong with that. I vow to the tried & true method. Why pay $5-6 for a rum & Sprite when I can pay $7-8 for a drink with 4-6 different kinds of liquor in it?

Associated Press said:
Man Drinks Liter of Vodka at Airport Line

BERLIN —

A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.

New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.

Instead, he chugged the bottle down _ and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment.

The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.

This was pretty badass.

Newcastle, Hoegaarden, Bass, Sierra Nevada, Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blond, PBR. Yeah, beer is mostly my thing, though I don't drink much these days. If I'm gonna have liquor, a car bomb is preferable.

Yeah, apparently there is a worldwide hop shortage due to a variety of factors. I haven't really seen the effect yet, but I'm guessing it'll kick in before too long. Microbreweries are going to be hit the hardest.

Beer: i dont like beer but ill down whatever no one else will finish. you dont waste alcohol!
Mixed Drink: vodka and cranberry, LIT, rum/jack and coke
Shot: ill do just about any shot you put in front of me but vodka is preferred.