Votes: 4 2.6%
  • LAAZ ROCKIT

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Anyone Except METALLICA

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
METALLICA.......just because i grew up on these guys!!
the lyrics esp of the first 3 albums are very personal...and totally was in their wavelength.....still trip on kill 'em all.

*bows to the metal messiahs*

To add to my good friend E.Sav's comment on CONTROL, there are other great bands that pre-date Metallica's move to SF, and that would be ANVIL CHORUS, Y & T(don't laugh, the first 4 albums were great!) and BLIND ILLUSION.

Sure Metallica was born in LA, but most of their fame came in San Francisco, 1/2 of the members(Kirk & Cliff) were from Frisco. And even if you asked the band itself, they'd say they were a San Francisco band.

They'd SAY they were a frisco band, but that's just them saying it... I don't take much of what any of them have to say very seriously...

Y&T were great back in the day... Funny how their popularity never really escaped the Bay Area though.

Blind Illusion... heh... those were the days.

i dont understand half you people .......for christs sake....its metallica without a doubt....look at how hugely sucessful they are and how good they are at their instruments....james' vocals and song writing abilities....they practically created thrash metal!

Half the material on Kill'em All was written by Mustaine.

Metallica are a bunch of FAGS. Sorry you had to hear the truth. :lol:

:devil:

for me its Metallica..

they recorded 4 great thrash albums in the 80's and have been the biggest influence for most of the bands(including Testament)..and look where they are now..they are the most successful band in heavy metal history, their old albums are still in stores, still selling..they are the biggest, even if we dont like their music in 90's..
this is what i think..

Originally posted by FaTaLBoY
for me its Metallica..

they recorded 4 great thrash albums in the 80's and have been the biggest influence for most of the bands(including Testament)..and look where they are now..they are the most successful band in heavy metal history, their old albums are still in stores, still selling..they are the biggest, even if we dont like their music in 90's..
this is what i think..

Guess you haven't heard of Exodus or Megadeth.

Originally posted by leper iffinity
ok xenophobe....give me a reason why you have called metallica a bunch of fags....it seems you havent really got a clue have you?
:eek:

I've seen a picture somewhere of kirk and jason kissing. If I remember right it was for a photo shoot for load.

Originally posted by msanthrope

ouch :lol:!

i'm prejudiced, but what the fuck - TESTAMENT of course!!!

Yeah, so am I.

That's why I like (in no particular order)

Vio-Lence
Dragonlord
Testament
Sadus
Severed Savior
Imagika
Exodus
Osmium
Disharmony

And the Bay's deceased (RIP):

Institutional Mentality
Epidemic
187 Calm
Mental Enima
Attitude/Attitude Adjustment
Lethal Creed/Forced Psychosis
Skin
Forbidden
Possessed

And many other bands that I've forgotten, jammed with, had freinds in, or seen from a distance...

Originally posted by FaTaLBoY
yes..i heard them MacMoney..but they both cant change my opinion..

What I mean by that is that Metallica were much influenced by Exodus and Mustaine (Megadeth). Metallica's music was just more accessible and they were a bit luckier than their counterparts.

I was going to show you a bunch of pictures... But why bother... Their their total sellout, and their overall attitudes in general pretty much speak for themselves.

If you like Metallica that much, good for you.

:puke: