• Disconnected (2000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't decide,too many classics!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although a diff sound from the Arch days i would still recommend Parallels to anyone that can appreciate quality songwriting and impressive musicianship.
But i may be alone here?:erk:
Yeah you're right Dave. I'm a bit harsh on the Alder era. I really like Parallels and No Exit has it's moments too. To be honest i've only heard bits and pieces of all the other Alder albums and they are all pretty good.

Its parallels for me. Huge huge album. Not a fan of pre Alder fates. *Rolls up into the foetal position and protects head*

I reckon John Arch's solo material is a lot better than early Fates Warning but the first 4 tracks off "Awaken The Guardian" are admittedly hard to listen to without cracking at least half a bar.
This poll is looking like a bit of a two-dog race :p

I reckon John Arch's solo material is a lot better than early Fates Warning but the first 4 tracks off "Awaken The Guardian" are admittedly hard to listen to without cracking at least half a bar.
This poll is looking like a bit of a two-dog race :p
I absolutely love Arch's solo EP and think it's a really ambitious and unique modern prog metal album, but i wouldn't say it's better than Awaken the Guardian. Only the first four songs make you crack half a bar!? You're excluding Prelude to Ruin, Giants Lore and the mighty amazing Exodus? Every song is ridiculously great!

I wouldn't call Parallels the defintive Fates album. It's not really representative of what Fates do. It was really an attempt at commercial success. The band admit this themselves. It's still a cool album though.

I'm very impressed at the results of the poll so far though!

I wouldn't call Parallels the defintive Fates album. It's not really representative of what Fates do. It was really an attempt at commercial success. The band admit this themselves. It's still a cool album though.

Well the album after "Parallels" ( "Inside Out") is pretty much in the exact same vein only with a weaker production.Just how many attempts at commercial sucess did they have?:lol:

Metal Blade will release a special edition of FATES WARNING's 1989 LP "Perfect Symmetry" in June.

The package will include:
* Remastered Audio!
* A bonus disc of "Perfect Symmetry" demos!
* DVD with over 90 minutes of live footage!

"Perfect Symmetry" was recorded and mixed between April 1989 and May 1989 at Carriage House Studios, Stamford, CT. The CD was produced by Roger Probert for Major Productions and was mixed by Phil Magnotti and Max Norman. It was the first album to feature Mark Zonder on drums. {blah blah blah}

A perfect opportunity for young Shane to rediscover one of Fates Warning's finest moments :p

A perfect opportunity for young Shane to rediscover one of Fates Warning's finest moments :p
Looks cool actually! I recently bought the No Exit reissue which has a bonus DVD from the No Exit tour and features a few hours of Ray Alder butchering the hell out of nearly every Arch era song. These days Ray can't even sing the material from his own era of Fates!

He sounds good with Redemption though. Seems like thats more within his range.