Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lana Lane - Lana Lane

• Cláudia França - Volkana

• Sabina Classen - Holy Moses

• Total voters
I think Thorr's Hammer is the only metal band with a female singer I listen to, so Runhild Gammelsaeter, yeah.

As for non-metal, Psychonaut is absolutely right with Lisa Gerrard. Also Elizabeth Fraser.

What about the chick from After Forever; Floor Jansen??? & Tarja Turunen from Nightwish? :heh: I like Tarja's singing on the old albums, actually. Don't forget Marcela Bovio of Stream of Passion, which would be my pick if she was there.

I've not heard all those. I'm between Anneke & Gossow of the ones listed I've heard...

Crap poll. Angela Gossow is the only one I like because she doesn't sound like a woman. No insult to females, but metal is a very aggressive and masculine sound, and so in order to front a metal band you need to sound...masculine and aggressive.

Crap poll. Angela Gossow is the only one I like because she doesn't sound like a woman. No insult to females, but metal is a very aggressive and masculine sound, and so in order to front a metal band you need to sound...masculine and aggressive.

Sounds like you need to listen to Holy Moses.

on top of my head:

clean:
Leïlindel - Unexpect
Arianne Fleury - Augury

scream/growl:
Mel Mongeon - Fuck the Facts
Marie-Hélène Landry - Despised Icon (first album)

I don't think I like any of those in the list :\

Runhild Gammelsaeter would be my vote if she was in the poll. As she's not, I voted for Anneke.

Outside of metal I like Marquise Ermia and Dame Pandora of Dark Sanctuary, the various female vocalists for Elend and the various female vocalists for Virgin Black.

As for female vocalists belonging in metal, I just find that they fit far better in other genres than they ever could do in metal, at least for the most part. Anneke is the only one I even remotely enjoy from the poll, and I can't say I enjoy more than a handful of others for metal as a whole. Whereas there are many female vocalists I enjoy from the Neo-Classical, Dark ambient, Dark Wave, etc genres of music.

Liv Kristine. Leaves' Eyes 'lovelorn' has my favorite female vocal performance.

Sharon Den Adel
Vibeke Stene
Cristina Scabbia
Anneke van Giersbergen

Liv and Tarja are great.

But since hearing Gothic Kaballah by Therion, I've come to really love Katarina Lilja and Hannah Holgersson.

Therion use awesome female vocals.

^ She is fucking hawt.

I didn't vote cause the list sucks. My vote goes to the chick from Draconian. (for the most part,i really don't like chick singers at all)

Yeah she's hawt as fuck.

I forgot about the female from Draconian who is moving up as one of my favorite chick singers.