Best Floyd?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Well, sorry if I like Rush slightly more than Pink Floyd, jeez.

Keyword: Slightly
cool man,
don't get stressed?
Rush, to me are probabily better than floyd. It depends on the time and date of the question :erk:
Maybe not, listened to both for 30 years, still not made my mind up:saint:

I'll say "Meddle" just because it has "Echoes" which is my all time favorite song by any band. The rest of the album is great as well but that song is just orgasmic. They all have their moments. I've actually gotten back into them lately and have been rediscovering "Animals."

Ken Lyall said:
cool man,
don't get stressed?
Rush, to me are probabily better than floyd. It depends on the time and date of the question :erk:
Maybe not, listened to both for 30 years, still not made my mind up:saint:
I'm not stressed, I was just wondering whether you were being sarcastic or not.

(Like I was being before! Sorry about that.)

Lord Byron said:
The Final Cut....thats just bollocks:puke: :puke:

i can easily understand why most people dont dig that album...

but i like it. not as much as the others maybe, but it's a really dark, mature album...proper waters stuff =) i remember duncan patterson's comparison of this album to gilmour's solo stuff a year or two back..."man against boys" hahaha he's strictly pro-waters, so this view is a bit sided and the comment a bit exaggerated, but he does have a point there.

in conclusion, i like the final cut. cmon, you at least have to give credit to those amazing lyrics or at least the "one of the few" track

GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY DESERT!! :Smug:

Waters:puke:
He's nothing without Gilmour.

Animals
Wish You Were Here
Meddle
The Division Bell
Dark Side

I think Waters and Gilmour need each other. Their strengths compliment one another. Waters' solo output lacks the melody and atmosphere that Gilmour's playing brings and the Division Bell and Momentary Lapse lack Waters' excellent lyrical ability and sound a little retro, though still pleasant.

kevin_cfh said:
Waters:puke:
He's nothing without Gilmour.

Animals
Wish You Were Here
Meddle
The Division Bell
Dark Side

you are an idiot. do you actually know ANYTHING about writing a song, coming up with lyrics and such?

animals, wish you were here and the dark side's most songs were written by waters.

again, you are an idiot. learn to appreciate musicianship before posting smilies of that sort.

Don Corleone said:
you are an idiot. do you actually know ANYTHING about writing a song, coming up with lyrics and such?

animals, wish you were here and the dark side's most songs were written by waters.

again, you are an idiot. learn to appreciate musicianship before posting smilies of that sort.

He does have a point though. Waters music is very harsh without the sense of atmosphere and melody that Gilmour brings. Saying that though i love both of them equally. Im going to the Roger Waters concert here next month. I cant wait to see one of my heroes in concert!!:worship: :worship:

Edit: OMFG i hope he plays Each Small Candle!!!!! Now that is an amazing piece of musicianship.....*drools*