best intro/outro ever

golbez

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2003
i think soilwork - room #99's outro kicks ass but i doubt it's the best ever (as far as I know), but I think opeth - april ethereal (including prologue) is the greatest intro ever. what do you guys think?

do you mean like an intro song an outro song or like an intro to a song?

i like Buried Dreams by Carcass for an Intro song

and i like Another Day in the Quicksand by In Flames for an outro song

I always realy enjoyed the intro to Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer

But for an intro song... Myrddraal - Beyond Redemption

And outro song... Ragnarok - Postludium

When you say "intro/outro", do mean an actual song, or an actual intro (prologue) and outro (epilogue) that opens and closes an album?

The best proper intro is Suspended in Light, which opens up Neurosis' 'TImes of Grace'.

The best proper outro is probably the closer for Graveland's 'Following the Voice of Blood'

Good opening song is "Numbered Days" by Killswitch engage.
Also "Final Resistance" by Dark tranquillity

good intro for a song is "Justifiable Homicide" by Dying fetus
and "Sacrifice to survival" by skinless

The outro on Deliverance by Opeth is kickass.

Alsvartr (The Oath) off Emperor's Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk is definatley the best. The whole thing is just so dark, and just keeps building up.Then those vicorious horns come in come in before finally peaking and feeding into Ye Entrancemperium. I don't know about a closer, but Eclosure in Flame off of Through Silver in Blood is amazing, its like a catharsis as everything is left after the entire album is being spilled out. Its like your in a race really pushing yourself at the end, you know your gonna crash but you just let every last bit out.