Best Jordpuls' Song

Your favourite Jordpuls' Song

• Total voters
good poll! although i have no favs yet, i have listened to Jordpuls only once yet. :oops::lol::oops: and yes i was one of the first who got it :p so i will vote when i've listened to it more...

"Mörk Nebulosa" got my vote as well - although it's very close call between it and "Klippor och Skär".
"Mörk..." is a stronger song overall, but nothing can beat the insanely epic chorus of "Klippor..."

Having listened to the album X number of times now, some of the songs that I found lacking at first, have started to grow on me ("Till Dånet..., "Skogen Sover" etc.). The worst song (for my taste) is "Stjärndyrkan".

Hmm, I'll have to agree with the ladies that it is too soon to place a vote, but it would probably, right now, go to Mörk or Klippor...
Also agree with Draugen that Stjärndyrkan is the weakest song on the album (not that I find it bad, it just has some extremely tough competition!)

Klippor & Skär and Skogen Sover are my early contenders.

Really sounds like some early Vintersorg(especially Ödemarkens son) is breaking through there in a joyful manner!

i'm the only one to whom klippor's beginning sounds like a popular russian song? :lol:
exactly! thank you! now i finally understand why i don't like this song! also, i agree with Angry Metal Guy who wrote in his review:
While the layers can be highly successful (like in the aforementioned “Klippor och Skär” where some of the vocal harmonies are playful and amazing), there are times when the keyboards and other instruments feel a bit like they’re missing some direction and were just recorded on a whim and never touched.
The one and only time i really had to remember these words were during Klippor... i guess he wrote it about anything but this particular song but it's really the only song that stands out for me because of those filler-like keyboard parts...

listening for my 2nd time now as i write this and i think i'm liking Till Dånet Av Forsar Och Fall even more...

I heard all day long the album and the best for now IMO is Världsalltets Fanfar. The riffage and pace is very like ÖS/CG, and the chorus is too damn catchy and beautiful. I liked the second part where there are a lot of changes and keyboard driven moments. Mörk, Skogen and Vindögat follows.

The album features a lot of those passages where the keys are alone with drums and/or acoustic guitars, which I really love. Andreas' singing is beautiful and far better than the last 3 Borknagar albums.

Eld' is an excellent closer, a truly grower track which I think most people will love given time.

i think the first part of the album is really amazing, a sort of climax, from track 1 to track 4. i really cannot choose between those 4, they are all brilliant, and i could listen to them all day long without getting bored!
i agree with people that says stjärndyrkan is a little less strong, still a valid song though, but it's eclipsed by the first 4 and then skogen sover. furthermore it is more aggressive and less melodic so it didn't catch my attention at first but it's growing.
skogen it's really fantastic, i find myself often during the day singing the refrain :lol:
vindögat is nice but for now not between my favs.
the last two songs are more like ballads, so i still need to listen to them a little bit more. between them i think the better one is eld och lågor, which also reminds me a lot about solens rotter's era, in particular strålar.

i'm starting to see some links with previous albums or bands i haven't heard at first. for example with solens, or with cronian (like the strumental part of klippor) but i really don't see all this connection with the first albums like the most part of you seems to hear.
i think the most similar album to this is cosmic, even if it's at the same time totally different musically and in attitude. there's a thin link which i cannot detect yet, i'm not sure if it's in sounds, songwriting or something else

Ok, cast my vote on Mörk, mostly because I was curious of the overall score.Still haven't quite decided though, and I'm sure it will change over time no matter what I choose.

you could also have used the "view poll results" button without voting :D

the last two songs are more like ballads, so i still need to listen to them a little bit more. between them i think the better one is eld och lågor, which also reminds me a lot about solens rotter's era, in particular strålar.
i agree completely and Strålar being my most fav Vintersorg track ever, i think i will end up voting for Eld och lågor in this poll... ♥ The vocal layers are simply amazing, beautiful guitars and i love it that the drums are so present, makes it sound almost live.

i'm starting to see some links with previous albums or bands i haven't heard at first. for example with solens, or with cronian (like the strumental part of klippor) but i really don't see all this connection with the first albums like the most part of you seems to hear.
i think the most similar album to this is cosmic, even if it's at the same time totally different musically and in attitude. there's a thin link which i cannot detect yet, i'm not sure if it's in sounds, songwriting or something else
i notice links to several previous albums but they are so faint and fleeting that i would say that this album is an entirely new animal :p

on the scale of 1-5 i would say for now:

Världsalltets Fanfar - 4
Klippor Och Skär - 2
Till Dånet Av Forsar Och Fall - 5
Mörk Nebulosa - 5
Stjärndyrkan - 3
Skogen Sover - 4
Vindögat - 4
Palissader - 4
Eld Och Lågor - 5

edit: wow i just noticed that mr.V has voted for Klippor Och Skär... which makes me feel very sorry that i really don't like this song at all... :(

Eld Och Lågor - 5

edit: wow i just noticed that mr.V has voted for Klippor Och Skär... which makes me feel very sorry that i really don't like this song at all... :(

these are your russian roots that are speaking! :lol:
i'm glad someone else did noticed it (even if it causes to dislike the song) :)

it's an hard fight.
today my fave is probably mörk nebulosa, but it changes from day to day...