Best metal album of the year so far...

Nope I didn't make it. I got sick as fuck and was literally in bed for a solid week. I was so bummed out! I will definitely be going when they tour again as they are supposed to do an all Cavalera tour with his sons bands opening up.

How were they in Pamona? By the looks of those videos you posted they were awesome. Sepultura is back! :headbang:

It was a good show, heavy as fuck live, place had about 2 pits going on the floor, had a balcony above, good show..

OK, after 10 odd listens, I have to give it to kirkland's call of Enslaved by Soulfly. Brutal killer metal. It's about time Max pulled something decent out and he's nailed it oh so brilliantly!!!

OK, after 10 odd listens, I have to give it to kirkland's call of Enslaved by Soulfly. Brutal killer metal. It's about time Max pulled something decent out and he's nailed it oh so brilliantly!!!

I have been a fan of this band since they started. They got a bad reputation when the Primitive album came out and the Fred Durst appearane etc. But I still say their albums Prophecy, Dark Ages, Conquer, and now Enslaved are all masterpieces. I don't know any fan of old Sepultura couldn't love those albums.

III certainly had its good moments

The S/T I think is amazing for what it was.

Omen was pretty boring and uninspired with only a few good songs.

Primitive pretty much sucked, only a few songs on it I really cared for.

I am glad Enslaved is getting the attention of metal fans as I think they will rediscover the band Soulfly and go listen to the other great albums they have put out as well

So far I gotta go with Overkill. THE WRECKING CREW IS OUTTA HAND!!!

It's always been hard for me to handle Overkill vocally. It seems people either love or hate the vocals, not much in-between. I like the new album musically, but the vocals are hard for me to deal with. I am not a huge fan of the operatic type metal vocalists.. Joey being an exception as he goes well with Anthrax's sound. But I respect the hell out of Overkill they are still putting out quality music after all these years. One of the most underrated metal bands ever imo.

It's always been hard for me to handle Overkill vocally. It seems people either love or hate the vocals, not much in-between. I like the new album musically, but the vocals are hard for me to deal with. I am not a huge fan of the operatic type metal vocalists.. Joey being an exception as he goes well with Anthrax's sound. But I respect the hell out of Overkill they are still putting out quality music after all these years. One of the most underrated metal bands ever imo.[/quotegreat live band,probably wouldnt have on playlist though

So far is OverKill and Biohazard and the brand new CYNIC "The Portal Tapes"

iam waiting for the new kreator

A Limited Vinyl Maxi was released @ april 2012, but its sold out

Last edited by a moderator:
So far is OverKill and Biohazard and the brand new CYNIC "The Portal Tapes"

iam waiting for the new kreator

A Limited Vinyl Maxi was released @ april 2012, but its sold out

I just listened to the entire new Overkill album again, I think its got some good stuff on it but don't see the big deal with it. I don't see anything that would warrant it being the best album of the year. The new Biohazard is not bad, but doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Urban Discipline or Mata Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
The Overkill is very fast, its not the best overkill album but its a better one. these days we found not many classic speed metal sounds like overkill, so iam happy for every releases like this. the biohazard opener and the first three song blame me away, brilliant sound and much NY Hardcore energy.

for me, the soulfly output is not the sound i agree under the soulfly label, its a better sound for that cavalera conspiracy project. i love the soulfly Dark Ages, Conquer output, i found much speultura speed and thrash roots but the enslaved is a death metal album for me. i dont like craddle of filth and all the norway, finish black metal + death metal stuff but the enslaved album smack it. i stay with british and USA bands like napalm death, obituary etc.

Soulfy's Enslaved - death metal??? The track World Scum maybe has elements, but the record as a whole is nothing like DM!!! There's far too much groove for it to be death metal.

Album of the year so far is High on Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis

Album's a monster

So far I'd have to go with either:

Pilgrim - Misery Wizard
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
Pale Divine - Painted Windows Black
Christian Mistress - Possession
Conan - Monnos

(No I can't decide!) And 2012 is clearly the year of doom!