Best Metal Album Released This Year?

Holly.R.Wells said:
i meant so far this year, "buddy" and i wasnt aware that this thread was ever made... Havent been on UM in a while.

ahh well, fuck it ill stop making threads cause erik will end up closing it anyway.

I said buddy in a good way man.

And I totally forgot about Kalmah, that's the best so far.

noitcefrepdewalf said:
how bout Deicide and Slayer? or Celtic Frost released an album and Pitch Black Progress is good there r to many albums so i cant choose this was the metal year and it aint fuckin over yet

Schwartz man Diecide hasn't been good since their first two releases. Slayer is good, but not that much better then God Hates us All, and the Celtic Frost disc was a dissapointment.

ok so maybe i was just reading names from a list of cds...maybe i've been downloading older shit by bands...maybe pitch black progress is the best...maybe i'm just wating for metallica to make a goddamn good album or i will beat lars ulrich upside the head with a grim and frostbitten corpse of a mountain goat

GAH!

My top three (in order):

Saturnus - Veronika Decides To Die
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Winter's Bane - Redivivus

Is the new Saturnus better than the second one. The vocalist really sounds awful on the second one.

paradise belongs to you was neat.

It is their best to date, with Paradise being their second best, and Martyre being the worst.

Though they are all excellent albums.

as of the albums released right now i would have to say moonspell. the album is very powerful and agressive. but i know that will change because hammerfall will be releasing another album this year. king diamond will release an incredible album this year, and i have a great feeling that suffocations new album is going to blow a lot of people away and still reclaim their place on the death metal throne.

Gory Blister - Skymorphosis is my favorite METAL CD thus far, but Tool - 10,000 Days is up there for non-metal...also in the running for me are Dismember - The God That Never Was, Benighted - Identisick, Canvas Solaris - Penumbra Diffuse, etc...

1. Gory Blister - Skymorphosis (Mascot)
2. Dismember - The God That Never Was (Regain)
3. Canvas Solaris - Penumbra Diffuse (Sensory)
4. Saprogenic - Ichneumonid (Forever Underground)
5. Benighted - Identisick (Adipocere)
6. Mirrorthrone - Carriers Of Dust (Red Stream)
7. Faust Again - Hope Against Hope (Circulation)
8. !T.O.O.H.! - Rád A Trest (Earache)
9. Textures - Drawing Circles (Listenable)
10. Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls (Massacre)

That was my top ten a few months ago, it's definitely a lot different now...I'd say Anata's in there near the bottom, etc.

The new Dismember while being a step in the right direction is still disapointing.