Is this music a fad

The controversy I always associated with jazz was the illegal substances as Jreq says. But Susperia is right in that for most people illegal substances are not nearly as controversial as burning down symbols of their religion.

Edit: Forgot the plural of drug was a banned word

Jreg said:
Pfft. Jazz was pure evil to everyone's parents in the early 1900s, same as rock or heavy metal or rap were later down the line. The old dixieland sound was considered substantially boisterous by many at one point. Then there's the drug use associated with much of the scene later on (e.g. Coltrane). The word "jazz" was actually used as slang for sexual acts at one point. If you've still got grandparents who are alive and playing with a full deck, you should ask them about it some time.

All my grandparents are dead. =( I'll ask my boyfriend, since he's a Jazz major. He hates music history though so who knows!

Cookiecutter- Except burning shit wasn't by far the worst thing that went down in BM history.

edit: ***** \m/

Nite_Maresz_25 said:
Metal, fad music?!
Most deffinatly NOT!

Actually.

There is that new shittyass trend amongst scenesters that has to do with liking "death metal". Of course most of it is metalcore, and some of it is very very shitty death metal, (Through the Eyes of the Dead, All Shall Perish, etc.) but it's becoming a fad.

But, just as long as they don't come to school wearing Carcass shirts I'll be fine.