Best of Each

Orchid: Forest of October
Morningrise: To Bid You Farewell - first Opeth song I heard, and I was absolutely floored by it
MAYH: toughie, but I'll have to go with The Amen Corner just because of the whole mood leading up to it with Madrigal and then WHAM it hits you....although because this is my favorite Opeth album i truly couldnt pick a favorite.
Still Life: The Moor, just because it's The Moor for fuck's sake. Face of Melinda would be a not-too-distant second
Blackwater Park: Bleak - My favorite Opeth song.
Deliverance - A Fair Judgement - because of the cream-in-your-pantaloons part("Leave it be.....for a fair judgement deserved)

1. The Twilight is My Robe ~ The easiest pick for me from any cd.

2. The Night & The Silent Water ~ "And so you left us (insert awesome riff), jaded and gaunt, some September (insert awesome riff)..." gets me everytime.

3. WHEN ~ It is like getting a message and then getting hit in the face with a brick. My overall toughest pick because every song on MAYH is a masterpiece. My favorite cd by any band of all time.

4. Godshead Lament ~ Tough choice between this one and
The Moor, which are basically the only two songs that I consider excellent on this cd.

5. Bleak ~ Another tough choice, the title track kicks ass too, but I love the melody and clean vox plus the finale of this one.

6. Deliverance ~ But this could change because it is still basically a "newbie" cd to me...but the final repetitive segment makes me want to bang my head against the wall, over and over.

Orchid: In The Mist She Was Standing
Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal
My Arms Your Hearse: When
Still Life: The Moor
Blackwater Park: The Drapery Falls
Deliverance: Deliverance

In The Mist She Was stnding just about scraped it ahead of Forest Of October.

Black Rose Immortal is personally what I would consider to be the most perfect song ever written, each riff and section amazing in its own right with the greatest riff of all time thrown in for good measure ("I have kept it..."). Fucking awesome.

When again narrowly beats Demon Of The Fall (strangely these song have my two favourite outros ever).

The Moor was a fairly easy choice although I love Serenity Painted Death. I feel The Moor flows perfectly and the intro kicks ass.

The Drapery Falls is very epic and anthemic which is possibly why it sticks in your head more so than any other Opeth song. It is probably for this reason that it narrowly beath the title track.

Deliverance (for the outro) narrowly beats the brutal Wreath.

Orchid: The Twilight is my Robe
Morningrise: Advent
MAYH: April Ethereal
Still Life: Godhead's Lament
Blackwater Park: Funeral Portrait
Deliverance: Deliverance

Orchid: Forest of October.

Love this song. It's an excellent song. I even have a live video of it! ;)

Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal.

Like Advent a lot too.. but BRI is epic.

My Arms, Your Hearse: The Amen Corner

Some riffs in this song that blows my mind away.

Still Life: Moonlapse Vertigo

My Fav. Album at the time, and this is like.. the best song ever.. Serenity Painted Death also rules.

Blackwater Park: The Leper Affinity.

Didnt like this song in the beginning.. but then I just listened more and more to it until I loved it, but I dont hear that much on BWP now as I did before.. (was the first Opeth-album I heard..)

Deliverance: Deliverance.

This song.. its.. awesome, so powerful and strong, but still melodic.