i know there's a derelict herds appreciation thread out there somewhere,

anarchy420

Jan 10, 2008
i just can't find it. the more i listen to this song the more i love it. that doesn't make it any different from any other opeth song, from my perspective, there is one riff in this song that i particularly love, it's between the two heavy verses, around 3:15, that riff is just SOOOO opeth!! :headbang: i left that one out of my list of fave opeth riffs/song moments in that thread. :Smug:

Oh yea man, killer song. I love the riff around 2:13. Reminds me of Face of Melinda a bit. I love the lyrics too (or what I make of them atleast). "But you forgot its gone now, you were controlled somehow. There was a meeting. An invitation of sorts." Sooooo good!

Yeh this song is awesome...it's got a nice jam quality to it but its still pretty structured. That riff at 2:13 is pure Opeth :) actually its got quite a few quality riffs in it.

I love the song. Very good, and kind of arabic at some point. The guitar solo (which I assume is Fredriks) is VERY Ritchie Blackmore. Like Stargazer and Gates of Babylon.

Hey, I got a program that extracts the tracks from the dvd. If anyone wants either of the three bonus tracks in iTunes-friendly format, add me on msn og mail me. ninfix@hotmail.com

I love the song. Very good, and kind of arabic at some point. The guitar solo (which I assume is Fredriks) is VERY Ritchie Blackmore. Like Stargazer and Gates of Babylon.

Hey, I got a program that extracts the tracks from the dvd. If anyone wants either of the three bonus tracks in iTunes-friendly format, add me on msn og mail me. ninfix@hotmail.com

The solo is Mike.

I really really love that song.
Everything is perfect!
I don't understand why they didn't put on the regular setlist, it doesn't make sense to me.

i like this song a lot more than i did initially, i was very turned off the first few listens. the riff at 2:14 is seriously one of the most outrageously good opeth riffs ever

I remixed the album and put Derelict Herds between Burden and Porcelain Heart. Makes Watershed complete for me.