Best of the Big 4?

Best of the Big 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sixxswine said:
I wouldn't even put them in the same league as the fab four...
I think they are more like "B" Company. Along with Testament, Death Angel,
Exodus, ect.
All of which are great bands, but they certainly were NOT(that word again)
the innovators....

Overkill may have been "B-String" back in the 80's but nowadays they Have all the Flab 4 Beat hands down ....though speaking of that I think the whole b company thing was made to undermine the Underground scene I hate it

sixxswine said:
Better yet what is your fave from each band?

Had to go with Slayer. By far the heaviest and didn't deviate too far from the path.

As far as favorites from each:
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Anthrax - Among the Living

sixxswine said:
I wouldn't even put them in the same league as the fab four...
I think they are more like "B" Company. Along with Testament, Death Angel,
Exodus, ect.
All of which are great bands, but they certainly were NOT(that word again)
the innovators....

Sales and influence wise, perhaps they were "B Company", but as far as the quality of the music, IMO, they beat them all, and deserved to be up there with them. It should have been the Big 5:Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and Overkill. My opinion, of course.

Militia said:
I can't stand Dave Mustaine's voice.

Militia please read the rules of this forum here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192052

And if you are to lazy to do this here are the rules especially for you! :)
Aint I a nice guy? :tickled:

Notice rule 2) about hit and run posts and rule 4 about respecting regulars.

==========================

1) No Personal attacks!

This means that you criticize the argument, but not the man or woman making it. IOW you criticize *what* people say, not the people themselves

2) No hit and run comments!

This means that you do not enter a tread about a band and only say;

"They suck".

This is simply not tolerated! If you dislike a band or album, explain in a reasonable tone *why* you dislike them. Give reasons! Argue, and discuss.

3) No commercial/Promotional messages. None whatsoever under any circumstances!

If you want to promote anything go to the promotional forum here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...splay.php?f=139

You can post commercial messages there until the day you die without anyone objecting to them.

4) Respect the regulars

Yes I know, thats is not equality. It were the regulars that made this forum what it is today. When a regular corrects you when you misbehave don't insult or otherwise attack him.

=========================

Here on UMOS we love debate and like to hear some well argued reasons for liking or disliking a band/vocalist or what ever. So stating that you dislike a certain band happens all the time but we expect some form of explanation in a *civilized* manner.

Hawk
UMOS moderator

crypticmyth said:
Megadeth, and Slayer close behind....but Mustaine's been writing shit recently...

Because? Examples? What albums? What song do you think is an example of "bad writing"? And why? :err:

Did you even see my message above yours??

I for one tend to skip to the end of rather long threads, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have too...

Dodens Grav said:
1) Slayer
2) Megadeth
3) Anthrax
4) Metallica

Word. Nobody beats Slayer for speed, aggression, and pure wickedness.

Ayeka said:
I for one tend to skip to the end of rather long threads, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have too...

And that would mean the end of most of the interaction here if everyone did it. Depends on what you want. Just post your own messages and ignore the rest or interact with the rest of the board and become a member of our community.

That btw does not absolve anyone from trying to show some respect of how we do things here.

It depends...sometimes you just want to make a point and be done with it, sometimes you just don't have time to read half an hour's worth of thread. It's all good...

Hawk said:
Militia please read the rules of this forum here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192052

And if you are to lazy to do this here are the rules especially for you! :)
Aint I a nice guy? :tickled:

Notice rule 2) about hit and run posts and rule 4 about respecting regulars.

==========================

1) No Personal attacks!

This means that you criticize the argument, but not the man or woman making it. IOW you criticize *what* people say, not the people themselves

2) No hit and run comments!

This means that you do not enter a tread about a band and only say;

"They suck".

This is simply not tolerated! If you dislike a band or album, explain in a reasonable tone *why* you dislike them. Give reasons! Argue, and discuss.

Hawk
UMOS moderator

*Sigh*

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was...Mr Mustaine's singing technique isn't quite my cup of tea, what-ho.

Psshh, I don't see the difference between

'I can't stand Mustaine's voice' and 'Mustaine's voice is terrible, IMO'.

But the second one would be acceptable. *shrug* It's not like anyone goes away and has a good wrist-slitting session because somebody out there doesn't like Dave Mustaine's voice.

Militia said:
Psshh, I don't see the difference between

'I can't stand Mustaine's voice' and 'Mustaine's voice is terrible, IMO'.

But the second one would be acceptable. *shrug* It's not like anyone goes away and has a good wrist-slitting session because somebody out there doesn't like Dave Mustaine's voice.

hahaha I was just givin ya some shit ... I was hoping the smiles would suggest that ... Basiclly its perfectly fine for you not to like Megadave ... hes been on my shitlist for a while now ... but what ya should have done is left it at 'Mustaine's voice is terrible, IMO' which apparently nobody noticed but it seems you didnt get the reaction you wanted so you posted 'I can't stand Mustaine's voice' which made us the "Senior Old Fart Been here for waaaaaaaaaaay to long" members to react ... so IMO you wanted us to make somekind of big deal about it :D

No. I never said 'His voice is terrible, IMO'. I was just illustrating that it was practically the same as what I said but it would be classed as 'acceptable' within the rules.

I never wanted anyone to make a big deal out of it, I was just expressing an opinion. I thought that was what forums were for, jeez.

Militia said:
No. I never said 'His voice is terrible, IMO'. I was just illustrating that it was practically the same as what I said but it would be classed as 'acceptable' within the rules.

I never wanted anyone to make a big deal out of it, I was just expressing an opinion. I thought that was what forums were for, jeez.

hahahaha and I was still just giving you shit :loco: I dont really care to much what ya say, we just like critisim that is well thought out Regardless of who its about that was Hawks point .... My point on the other hand is to give you shit :D I try to give all the nOObs a little shit .. if I didnt give you shit it just means your post are boring and Unworthy of my attention <---(Thinly Veiled Compliment) :wave: