Best opeth solo

I personally like the By the Pain i see in others solo, Yeah i know, its really easy, but theres something about it, every time i listen to it, i get shivers lol

The hard rocking one at the end of 'White Cluster' really gets my jizz shooting

Botfly said:
The one where mike goes "beeblebeeble dooh dooh dooh nah nah" and then goes "OOOOOOHHHHHH." It gives me the feeling that my ass is being tickled by ants.
are you 12? just asking.

dorian gray said:
are you 12? just asking.

Not too much older, honestly.

no, seriously though, probably the "A Fair Judgement" solo, because not only does it have the feeling, but it's fairly technical too. I think it's alot better than the Windowpane solos.

@Don Corleone: Traditional Arabic music does not have scales. Only those Arabic songs which borrow heavily from Western music use scales. Real Arabic music uses maqqamat, which are very different from scales. They are impossible to play on a guitar or any instrument Opeth has used. Trust me, I did an entire project for my Arabic class on this subject. ~_~ Arabic music theory is fucking crazy. T_T

Anyway, my all-time favorite Opeth solo is the second solo in Windowpane. God DAMN that solo cries. If all Damnation had was that one solo, it would have been worth buying still. I have my doubts that they'll ever record a better solo. I LOVE playing this song.

My second favorite Opeth solo would have to be the first one in Godhead's Lament. I love the way it sets up the melody for the 'Searching my way to perplexion' verse. Really beautiful.

I love the solos in The Funeral Portrait, too. These are the only other two Opeth solos (besides Windowpane's) that I know how to play. It was actually the second solo from this song that convinced me that I ought to practice sweep picking again.

Deliverance(both)
Harvest
Ending Credits
A fair Judgement

Never cared much for Opeth solos though. I'm too Petrucci- spoiled.

mantra, that's quite interesting! i always thought that arabic music had scales but in just another way but with 1/4 note steps and such...

...would you mind going into detail about it? i am highly interested...