Best Opeth song to play with one guitar....

you live in Cornerbrook? haha i was there like 2 weeks ago for Junior World Championships for Freestyle Skiing. I fucked up so bad though and ended up 13th. Anyway... that's cool you can play benighted perfectly... i've been trying for 3 days and still haven't really quite got it. And i only know the intro too hehe oh well i'll get it by... i dunno later MUAHAHAHA

I have been completely obsessed with Benighted the past few days. It is really, really fun to play. What's even more fun is to sing and play it at the same time. Now that's a challenge.

Benighted is one of the best songs to learn how to fingerpick. And the great thing is: the song never gets old!
I learned that song one year ago and still play it everytime I pick up my acoustic... and that means almost every day.
Same goes for most of the other acoustic Opeth songs.
BTW, when I started playing the guitar I didn't use a pick in the first ten months... so my fingerpicking skills are more developed than my skills playing with a plectrum.
But that will eventually even out.

I wouldn't really recommend anything off the first two albums for just one guitar, the beauty of those albums is the intertwining of the two guitars and bass. Maybe To Bid You Farewell doesn't sound too bad, but for the others it's best to just remove one speaker and play along with the other guitar, which is what I do with Forest of October. ;)

I have great fun playing The Drapery Falls, and I just about get by with Blackwater Park (though I haven't learnt it properly :p). And Harvest is always good for a strum-along.