Best Opeth song to play with one guitar....

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
i think demon of the fall and blackwater park (both happen to be in drop D) what do you guys think, most songs just dont work with one guitar and i want one that sounds good when i feel like playing guitar just by myself, deliverance actually isn't to bad either

PS does opeth only have 2 songs in drop D?

Yeah Opeth only have 2 songs in drop D. A few other good songs to play by yourself are, Credence, Patterns in the Ivy, The Drapery Falls also isn't too bad on one guitar... I like to vary which guitar part i play each time and also The Leper Affinity.

with my electric:
Demon of the Fall kicks fucking ass!
most recently though has been Masters Apprentices; I love growling and headbanging (long hair always helps) to it while I play.

my nylon:
Benighted is tite
Face of Melinda is great
but I'd have to say To Bid You Farewell takes the cake. I love singing to it while I play, and the bluesy solo in the beginning/ middle is fun too. The breakdown at the end though just makes it phenomenal, eventhough the song turns electric, I continue with my acoustic and add my own style to it, sound's great, I hope they play it in the Damnation tour.

opeth is the greatest, honestly

To Bid You Farewell is one of Opeth's best songs, I don't know why it doesn't get more recognition by fans.

Benighted, Patterns in the Ivy I and II.
And I agree on Blackwater Park (first electric Opeth song I learned) and Deliverance.
I'm currently working on The Funeral Portrait, sounds great too.

agreed Moonlapse! i've been working on Benighted a lot the last 3 days, so far i got the first 40 or so seconds down about 90% accurate... it's helped my fingerpicking immensely! i still suck though haha i'm somewhat doomed to being a small-picked shredder hehe

harhar, I saw that video of you playing Patterns In The Ivy with a pick... it aint right bro, it aint right, learn that fingerpicking :).

I haven't had a chance to work on Benighted lately, but when I started I got the first part down in a few minutes, but it gave me hell for a while. (thank god for my former guitar instructor playing flamenco).